What's new

Amp and set up for a SVS 16-46 cs (1 Viewer)

Tim MC

Auditioning
Hi guys. I am getting my SVS sub (16-46 cs) next week and now i have to figure out what kind of amp i should use or should i just use one of the chans from my hafler dh500?
Also should i just use the cross over of my EAD Theatermaster, I set it at 50. Think a carver m400 or parasound hca 1000a might be good amps for the sub? I don't think the other people in my apt are going to like me after i get this sub set up :).

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
Hi guys. I am getting my SVS sub (16-46 cs) next week and now i have to figure out what kind of amp i should use or should i just use one of the chans from my hafler dh500? Also should i just use the cross over of my EAD Theatermaster, I set it at 50. Think a carver m400 or parasound hca 1000a might be good amps for the sub? I don't think the other people in my apt are going to like me after i get this sub set up
If you already have a Hafler, try it out. If I recall correctly the DH500 is rated at 250w/ch into 8 ohms. The 4 ohm load of your 16-46 should allow the Hafler to produce close to 500 watts which would be a perfect match.

The crossover question depends on your mains and to a lesser extent, your room. Is it adjustable?

The Carver M400 or the Parasound HCA 1000 would also work very well.

I am powering a pair of 16-46 CS+'s with a Carver A-760.

You are probably correct on your assumption about your neighbors:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks