What's new

Amp and driver for my DIY build? (1 Viewer)

E-A-G-L-E-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
If you were stuck with a budget of $400 for driver 'and' amp 'shipped' and your previous subs were an X-Sub, a SVS 20-39Pci and a eD A5-550(LT/550)........what would you buy?(BR movies and motown and classic rock for music--14'x15'x10' room same as with all previous subs)
Lower would be great and a very tiny bit higher would be o.k.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Why not the Dayton DVC and BASH amp that you mentioned on your AVS thread. The Dayton has been a proven winner over the years. You can even use the old Adire Tempest designs with it.

-Robert

E-A-G-L-E-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
I'm concerned, due mainly to lack of knowledge, that the DVC may lack in the SQ department.
Could be way off base. What are your thoughts?
I'm still considering it, but more the RSS390HF(15" Ref.) if Dayton is the road I take because of the solid rep. it has for good SQ.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've used the older Dayton 275 watt amp with a 12" DVC, 12" Stryke AV12 (TC Sounds TC2+) and a 12" Ascendant Audio Atlas 12" (with XBL^2 technology). At normal listening levels, they all sounded identical. When pushed to the limits, the Atlas and the AV12 did sound a little better. The DVC based on technology from the '90's. It was designed as a repsonse to Dan Wiggins and his Avatar Audio Shiva. And yes, it was Avatar Audio before it was Adire.

I'm sure the RS 15 will sound a little better than the DVC but you will very seldom push either to their limits.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda19798888
Recent bookmarks