What's new

Amos & Andy - best? (1 Viewer)

BarryM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barry Margolis
Hey guys;

I haven't posted for awhile, but my brother and I - both fans of the old "Amos & Andy" TV show were discussing if there is a 'best' DVD set out there. I know they're all quasi-legal, but does anyone know which set would have the best possible quality? many thanks

BarryM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barry Margolis
By the way, Amazon Prime is selling a couple of different sets, so I suspect they can't be TOO illiegal!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
By the way, Amazon Prime is selling a couple of different sets, so I suspect they can't be TOO illiegal!
Unfortunately, an item being listed on Amazon means nothing in that area. The said, I don't recall whether some or all AMOS & ANDY TV episodes are in the Public Domain.

I do know there are HTF members who have some or most of the episodes in various formats.

All the best!

CHEERS! :)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
At this point , most episodes are available . A couple are still "lost". but not actually - Paramount has them under lock and key . The set which is most expensive is also the best set , with a decent attempt to re-master and some episodes not available on other sets. It's DVD-R though. What we really need is a legitimate release in the best quality from the 35 MM masters we all know exist, and which I think would sell very well. Let's hope it happens while those of us who remember the show are still around !

BarryM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barry Margolis
Paramount owns them? I thought CBS/Viacom did.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Aren't they the same company?

Viacom Split things - CBS is the TV Side of things, and Paramount is the theatrical side and are two separate companies although they have a working relationship in some areas (Such as "Star Trek" Licensing for instance and split ownership of the property)

But the point being CBS is sitting on the AMOS & ANDY shows as they have since pulling them in 1966 and they won't do anything with them because of the controversies.

Shouldn't this thread be moved over to TV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertigofilmfanman
Recent bookmarks