Amores perros

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JonathanSimpson, Jan 15, 2002.

1. JonathanSimpson

JonathanSimpson Stunt Coordinator

For those of you who have bought AMORES PERROS r1, Are you having trouble with the subtitles on the deleted scenes, featurettes and music videos. I have had the disc since sept 2001 but have been wading through all my other titles left craving my attention.

Jonathan

2. JonathanSimpson

PLease someone must have bought the above title, this is my first post and nobody has responded [​IMG]
    Jonathan

3. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Jonathan welcome to the forum! Don't sweat it that no one responds to a thread, it happens to me too and i've been a member for almost three years![​IMG]
    I don't personally own this title, but I watched it over a friends place and afterwards we wanted to watch some of the behind the scenes stuff and the subtitles only appeared sometimes during the featurettes. We didn't check out any of the other things on the disc.
    Outstanding film BTW!

4. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Sorry, didn't buy it. But you can at least look at the number of VIEWS your thread gets, just to make sure people are at least looking.

I liked the film, but not really something I wanted to own for lots of viewings. I might rent it at some point for a 2nd view, at which point I would be happy to check out the subtitles.

5. JonathanSimpson

the reason i posted the query was to establish whether or not to exchange the disc, the main feature plays with/without commentary subtitles/no subtitles fine but the supplements as stated in my first post have no subtitles available you can select them from the menus but they do not appear when played, the only subtitles available on the supplement's are the burned in one's on the 'los perros de amores perros'(the dogs of love's a bitch) piece. also the v.lions gate does not allow me to switch audio or subtitles on the fly is that the same for everyone or are they locked out for everyone, final query also the strangest when i view any of the supplements with/without subtitles although they do not appear if i press menu or the title key on my remote the subtitles come on for a split second before it reverts to the given menu.

Jonathan

6. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    I'm expecting this title in the near future and will let you know if I experience the same problem...

7. Al M

Al M Auditioning

I thought I had the same problem at first. I had to go back to the main menu (or was it the special feature menu?) and I had to turn on the English subtitles. After that I had subtitles for all of the supplemental features.

8. JonathanSimpson

test

9. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

No problems on my Tosh 3108

10. JonathanSimpson

keith i, which version are you watching as there are two versions (canadian and usa). i personally have the canadian edition. canadian upc:5737315541 usa upc:5814978642

jonathan

11. Carlo

Carlo Extra

I see the subtitles, too. However, I noticed that the screen gets coated with a faint yellow color every time the subtitles come on. It is very annoying. The problem is very noticeable during the night scenes.

Go to the part where Ramiro first robs a store. You will see him talking to his friend in their car. Look at the screen carefully. Do you see a faint yellow color during the subtitles?