Amoeba Music in Hollywood

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by josh4040, Apr 14, 2002.

1. josh4040

josh4040 Second Unit

If you live in the LA area you might want to check this place out, huge selection of used dvds, vhs, laser disc and cds. I got a decent deal on glory special edition. They have an amazing collection. Check them out on Caughenga and Sunset.

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

They also have stores in San Francisco and Berkeley; I always make it a point to go there when I'm in that area. I wish they'd open a store in Sacramento; right now there's only one decent store there that sells laserdiscs.

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Jesse

If you are down by SFO, Laser City still had LDs and players last time I checked. I believe the street is Beacon (which is one block long). Most $7...boxes a little more.

Who carries LDs in Sacto?

We took one of Scotties up to your Vet College and deceided to make a weekend of it.

Did not find a lot in Davis to be honest...maybe did not look in the right places.

BTW I was in the amoeba on haight st on saturday and they had some great lds there

Walked home with the Critreon Carrie and the deluxe Mask with extras

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

The only place left in Sacramento to my knowledge that still carries used LDs is the big used record store on K Street- I've gotten a lot of old DiscoVision titles there. Dimple Records on Arden has a few but they've always been priced too high every time I've checked there.