What's new

Amityville II Coming To Region 1? Ever? (1 Viewer)

Scott Adam

Stunt Coordinator
One of my favorite horror franchises of all time, the tales about the haunted house in Amityville, New York (which I live about 20 minutes away from), have not really found their way heavily onto DVD. MGM has released the original Amityville Horror, but the soundtrack sucks, only offered in mono, and I have been looking for the Amityville II: The Possession DVD but have found it is only available outside of America as a Region 2 disc; does anyone know if this will ever be released as a DVD to be played in American made DVD players?

"I ask of one thing.....the permission to perform an exorcism on Sonny Montelli...."
-James Olson, "Amityville II"

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
Amityville 2 "The Possesion"and the 3rd sequel 3D is available, sometimes when in stock. I have both "The Possestion" and the 3rd 3D sequel. Instead I had my player made region free, it's quite legal these days I have been told. Why it's not availible here in the states is a good question, I go foreign when Hollywood doesn't have what I want. I hope this helps.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
What we need are AMITYVILLE II: THE POSSESSION and AMITYVILLE 3-D released in the OAR (and in the case of the latter, a field sequential 3-D option) in ANY region. All of the available discs are lacking from what I've seen.

I picked up a R2 PAL DVD of AMITYVILLE 3-D and it is not only panned and scanned and flat 2-D, but mono sound instead of the original stereo! The R2 NTSC Japanese disc is stereo sound, but still flat 2-D, and the ratio is widescreen but still not enough (it is 1:85 to 1 and should be 2:35 to 1). Better than the PAL disc, but still not the real deal.

Will K

Screenwriter
I've been wondering about some of those international discs for AII, but I'm holding out for a decent R1 version. I can't imagine it wouldn't make its way to American shelves sooner or later. I thought at one time MGM held the rights but it doesn't seem to be the case. It is a cult classic of sorts and a damned scary one at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks