Amex Blue price matching sucesses/failures?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David_Rivshin, Dec 18, 2001.

1. David_Rivshin

David_Rivshin Second Unit

It seems many of you have some experience with using Amex's Blue's pricematching garuntee, but there are some restrictions. Being keen to using this wonderful feature of my new peice of plastic I'm curious as to what people's experiences have been. I'm largely interested in where you've purchased from and pricematched against both sucessfully and unsucessfully. Any other general info would, of course, be appreciated.
    Much thanks to all [​IMG]
    --
    Dave

2. JohnKings

JohnKings Stunt Coordinator

I have had great success using the low price guarantee program. I have used it three times for audio and computer hardware and it worked like a charm. There is a limit to how much you can get back. I think it's $250 / item not to exceed $1,000 in a year.

Hope this helps,

John

3. David_Rivshin

David_Rivshin Second Unit

John,

Do you happen to remember where you purchased those items from? I believe that they only do the pricematching if the place you purchased from does not have some pricematching garuntee of their own.

Also, what was the process for getting the refund, and about how long did it take?

Thanks,

-- Dave

4. JoeDelan

JoeDelan Stunt Coordinator

I just tried it out for the first time and it's pretty easy. You dial the number on the website, tell them what you got it for, what the cheaper price was and they give you a control number. Then send in the ad with the cheaper price, make sure there is a date on there, send in a copy of the reciept of what you bought, put the control number on everything and then send it in, THey say it takes 2-3 weeks to process it and get it back to you. I will let ya know in a couple weeks how good they are...Right now they are a Dream...