What's new

America's Test Kitchen - Season 18 (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
This is my favorite cooking show. I received this email earlier today:

The most-watched cooking show on public television is back for its 18th season! America’s Test Kitchen is dedicated to developing the best cooking methods and to testing equipment and tasting ingredients home cooks use every day. It’s the same smart approach to cooking you’ll find in the pages of Cook’s Illustrated magazine, published by America’s Test Kitchen.

The show returns for Season 18 with all-new episodes hosted by Bridget Lancaster and Julia Collin Davison. Bridget and Julia will be joined by chief creative officer and tasting expert, Jack Bishop, science expert Dan Souza, equipment expert Adam Reid, gadget expert Lisa McManus, and test cooks Becky Hays, Eric McMurrer, Keith Dresser, Elle Simone, and Tim Chin.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Chris Kimball's aversion to anything the least bit spicy always ticked me off and I think limited the show when he was on.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Chris Kimball's aversion to anything the least bit spicy always ticked me off and I think limited the show when he was on.

He's a super-taster, though, so it's not like it's strictly a preference thing. The Milk Street show and it cookbook seem to have embraced spices (including hot spices) to a great degree than ATK.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
This is my favorite cooking show. I received this email earlier today:

The most-watched cooking show on public television is back for its 18th season! America’s Test Kitchen is dedicated to developing the best cooking methods and to testing equipment and tasting ingredients home cooks use every day. It’s the same smart approach to cooking you’ll find in the pages of Cook’s Illustrated magazine, published by America’s Test Kitchen.

The show returns for Season 18 with all-new episodes hosted by Bridget Lancaster and Julia Collin Davison. Bridget and Julia will be joined by chief creative officer and tasting expert, Jack Bishop, science expert Dan Souza, equipment expert Adam Reid, gadget expert Lisa McManus, and test cooks Becky Hays, Eric McMurrer, Keith Dresser, Elle Simone, and Tim Chin.
Right there with you. Didn't even notice the host was gone until I read the later posts. The show is just fine without him.

Bridget and Julia make a great pair, and all the back-up people are informative and entertaining.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
They had a stovetop mac & cheese recipe last season that called for a limited amount of water, so that the drained starchy water could be used to prevent the cheese from clumping and to keep the sauce smooth. After doing this a few times, I realized I could use even less water and not even drain the pasta. The new recipe does exactly that, although it does use a milk and water boiling solution instead of just water. I'll have to try that (and the dijon mustard) the next time I make it.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
They had a stovetop mac & cheese recipe last season that called for a limited amount of water, so that the drained starchy water could be used to prevent the cheese from clumping and to keep the sauce smooth. After doing this a few times, I realized I could use even less water and not even drain the pasta. The new recipe does exactly that, although it does use a milk and water boiling solution instead of just water. I'll have to try that (and the dijon mustard) the next time I make it.

I'll have to try that. Always had problems using "real" cheese. Have a really good recipe from Patti LaBelle's cookbook. Four kinds of cheese plus Velveeta. But she says Velveeta has to be in there. Nothing against Velveeta but not big on processed foods, although it's a really great recipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonvn
Recent bookmarks