America's Next Top Model Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Cameron Yee, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I thought the first one to get the boot was appropriate, at least Karma-wise.

Jayla and the girl who took the swig from the champagne bottle stand out thus far. And I like Kim, but I don't know how far the "masculine look" is going to take her.

Tyra's talk show had a recap of some of the contestants. In my opinion it's pointless without covering what Elyse Sewell is doing. But whatever. [​IMG]

Twiggy and Jay Alexander are good additions to the panel.

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

It was fun, but I never find the cheesy photo shoots to be .... cheesy.

I think Lisa is my favourite right now, I really like the girl that can't walk too.

The first girl to get kicked off was hotter than half of the girls, she was also older, and she really knew the fashion world.

I'll keep watching.

OH and I hate the Beauty Pageant chick already.

Brent

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I was disappointed that they booted out who they booted out, purely from a physical perspective. The other girl who got the last photo had the largest lips ever on this show in 4-5 cycles so far.

4. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

Yeah the beauty pageant bitch, Cassandra, I def hate her.

I do love the lesbian, Kim, since she has an adrogenous look which hasn't been in vogue since hmm, the late 80's...maybe early 90's.

But we'll see how the others turn out. Keeping careful watch who I would choose overall.

5. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Makeover show is always my favorite. Kyle looks awesome as a brunette. Nicole looked pretty good too. Kim, more of the same, but she's pretty cute. Nic's photo was my favorite - great body angles.

Cassandra and Lisa - equally annoying.

I liked the photo competition and the judging of the pairs.

6. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Cassandra self-eliminates by refusing her haircut. That was somewhat surprising, but I don't think any love is lost.

Jayla reminded me a lot of Alyson Hannigan with her new 'do.

Nic still lookin' awesome.

The funny thing about the white gown Bre won the opportunity to wear is I saw that featured on E's "fashion disaster" program the other night. Plus it didn't look like it actually got fitted for her.

7. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Another plus-size model gets shot down. Again, I don't know why they bother when the industry has such delineated areas. It also seems like it puts unnecessary stress on that particular contestant, which winds up affecting her performance.

I was glad to see Kyle do well, though I don't expect her to win because her look is very commercial. If she's versatile enough she could probably make it. Lisa remains annoying but she's doing good stuff on the shoots.

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I was glad to see Coryn sack Lisa for all the crap she was spewing. Even if Lisa "knows it all", she don't need to be playing "mother" to the rest of the contestants. I don't find Lisa all that watchable (does that make sense?), she's a bit on the reptilian side. Coryn has a great smile, too bad she doesn't know it or show it enough to put forth that "pop" the judges are looking for. She is in denial about not being too muscular for this contest, though (she's shoehorned herself into a niche instead of being more versatile).

Jayla's cute, but has short teeth, a little distracting at times. Not all that interested by Kim and her "adrogeny". Kyle is too commercial. Nicole is too "fragile" looking. Nik might make it far, though.

9. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Or very long gums. [​IMG]

I agree that Kyle is very commercial. I'm putting my money on Nik.

10. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I'm not all that into any of the girls this season, really. A couple of them are OK, but I can't really picture most of them as real models.

I found the "plus-size" model a bit disturbing this season, because she really wasn't very plus-sized. (At least the last one -- I can't remember her name; she was later on Celebrity Fit Club -- was a very big girl. I gotta say, though, that even though I'm not into big girls, she was really, really attractive! [​IMG] ) She was prettier than most of the other girls though.

I'm glad I don't have a teenage daughter watching this with me!

And to clarify, since I said that I'm not into "big" girls, I wouldn't consider the girl who was eliminated last night (can't remember any names this morning!) to be a "big" girl by normal standards.

11. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

Diana....she's not a plus size model either by no means, but she ain't a size 0-4 like the other girls either. I think she's more like a size 8, which is a regular size for healthy women. But in this industry, a size 8 is a plus size and is considered too fat. I think Diana just needed to flaunt her figure and make it her asset rather than her trying to find ways of hiding her voluptuousness.

12. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman

I assume it wasn't her decision to pose as a "breast reduction"! How insulting could they get?

That whole idea of posing as plastic surgery subjects was pretty twisted.

13. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    10/19/05

Ooh, I almost had to eat my words. Despite Lisa's personal issues she is consistently doing well with the big challenges. I wouldn't be surprised if she won, but also would not be surprised to see her issues get in the way of that.

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Sheesh, if Nik gets past next week, I might know what I'm talking about, but she's too scatter-brained.

Too bad they let Coryn go, but she was just too one-dimensional, and Nigel just kept tanking her in the evals.

15. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Yeah, Nik was a disappointment this week. Big whoop if somebody "steals your line." It's points for delivery not originality. That's probably hard to see in the moment though. I'm not sure who I favor now. Jayla kind of turned me off with her tirade against Nik.

16. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

God, I thought Lisa was bad enough and now Jayla did that little thing and I am so turned off by Jayla's attitude and personality. I hope both of them get kicked off soon, because now I can't stand them.

/bitchslap Lisa
    /bitchslap Jayla

17. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    10/26/05

Kyle gets the boot. I was sad to see her go, but didn't honestly think she would last the duration.

Jayla continues her unappealing critique of people (though I'm sure it was edited for added emphasis).

Surprisingly, Kim nails the pinup shoot. Until now I never had much of a reaction to her, though I generally thought she was cool.

18. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I sort of sick of Kim and the androgeny angle.

Kyle was just too "girl next door" commercial looking.

19. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    11/2/05

The recap/"unseen footage" show reinforces two things for me:

1) Jayla is not a nice person, though I can sort of feel sorry for her if it's a matter of not being properly socialized.

2) Nicole is cute as a bug. There's something about her horrified facial expressions (e.g. when Jayla came out topless) I find endearing.

20. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

I actually like Kim because of her adrogeny look. Great thing about adrogeny is that it can be molded to any style.

And I agree about Jayla. Definitely not a nice person. Home-schooled and a jehovah's witness. Sheesh...