What's new

America's Next Top Model Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Nothing conflicted with recording this latest iteration so I decided to give it another try. I basically lost interest in it last season, I think because none of the contestants seemed that interesting. Still too early to tell with this season, but they seem to have made a few changes that even the playing field a bit.

1) No contestant is "short" (the shortest women are 5'8")

2) No "plus size" contestant

People who followed previous seasons know those contestants considered short or "plus size" were eventually cut and I think it became clear it wasn't exactly fair or realistic in the long run for a "top model" classification.

Early favorites include Lluvy and Kahlen.

One girl's eyes are so wide set she looks somewhat alien. We'll see how things go.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't believe some of the girls that were kept from the top 20, and some of the girls that were cut. Couldn't believe the wrestling chick was kept over any of the girls that were cut from the top 20. Oh well, not too crazy about the top 14 this season. Brita's got the best bod, but I doubt that's what will carry her through to the top, though.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah, the wrestling girl was not what I'd call photogenic, but they do amazing things with makeup. I felt bad for Mary, but being plus-size she essentially got eliminated sooner than later. She is quite beautiful too (and local!).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

It didn't. Kind of surprising. I would have ditched the one with the big 'tude. As far as makeovers go, Tiffany was probably most improved.

Next week's teaser: Does someone pass out or throw up? Reactions seemed appropriate for the latter. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I predict this season to be a dud in terms of actually discovering a top model. There's no one that I think is remotely attractive model-wise.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I could see a few, but honestly how many of the past winners could be considered "top models?"

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Becky's "collapse" looked more like a short circuit - eyes rolled back and she keeled over flat on her back. I think she is an android whose subspace signal got disrupted :). All kidding aside, that's a pretty strange condition, especially since the last time it happened was several years ago. What timing to do it right during judging!

I also just learned that one of the favorites from Cycle One, Elyse Sewell (the brainy one considering med school), is modeling and keeps an entertaining blog. I've perused her entries but they don't seem to go back far enough for an explanation of why she made the choice she did. It's probably that modeling has a shorter shelf life and in theory she can always go back to medical school.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/elysesewell/

http://tinypic.com/1zt7h2

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So far I'm still interested in the show. Kahlen is becoming a favorite, but she seems a little lacking in the personality department.

Next week Tyra goes ballistic.

And how cute was she doing that Louisiana accent?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Two ladies got the boot this week. Tyra went off on Tiffany, which I thought was a little of an overreaction, given that her joking about elimination was really a defense mechanism for the rejection. Her being lectured about being defeatist was appropriate though.

I'm still liking Kahlen for her kind of awkwardness and apparent potential to be something more (and I thought it was darned cute when she turned so red about being in her underwear with the male model). Michelle would qualify as an underdog too, but I don't find her look particularly "modelish."

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Michelle gets the boot, but I was hoping for Keeyah. Like one of the judges said she's had it too good for too long. If it hadn't been Michelle this week, then certainly next week. Her instincts are just off, though I could see her eventually pulling herself together more than Keenyah.

Kahlen is still my favorite, though it would be nice to see more of her personality. Naima is pretty and "edgy" but is kind of getting by on her dance training.

So...am I the only one watching this? Has this turned into Guo Xiong's Top Model journal? :D

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I watch when I can, but only to see Naima.

Man that girl is beautiful.

Sick of every last judge, Tyra included, but I did love the Passion piece with Tyra and the "has been with attitude":)

Brent

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Naima is probably the prettiest one, but I can't say any of them knock me on my butt like some of the past contestants. I favor Kahlen, but I don't find her "attractive" on a personal level.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I only caught a little bit of yesterday's episode. Who'd've thunk that Tyra doing sexy poses with another model could be so creepy? :D

brentl

Senior HTF Member
YEP, the other model makes it very creepy. I think of the New movie "the House of Wax" everytime I see her.

Brent

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Dickinson looks nothing like when she was young. Putting "then" and "now" photos side-by-side I'd bet the majority of people would have a hard time believing they are of the same person. Oh the wonders of plastic surgery!

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
Naima will win America's Next Top Model Season 4 because they always telling her that she doing good in everything...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Christina gets the boot, which is kind of sad since I had sympathy for her being misunderstood. My preference (again) was to see Keenyah go. I still favor Kahlen overall to take it and think it will come down to her and Naima.

I just watched the first season on DVD and have to say it's still probably the best season of this series. Damn, they got lucky for the first time out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks