What's new

American TV shows that only got complete disc releases in other countries (1 Viewer)

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I am having trouble finding Season 6 of Hitchcock. I don't know if it went out of print or not. I don't see it listed now on Amazon and if it shows up on Ebay, it is selling for a very high price.
Season 6 was a MOD DVD in Region 1. I paid $40 for mine new five years ago. May not be available new anymore. I got mine with Amazon.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Season 6 was a MOD DVD in Region 1. I paid $40 for mine new five years ago. May not be available new anymore. I got mine with Amazon.

S6 had a weird history. Some people paid $40 for the burned MOD discs. Then some of us paid something like $8 for a pressed set through Amazon in late 2016.

Now it does appear to be OOP entirely.

Paintbeanie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter
S6 had a weird history. Some people paid $40 for the burned MOD discs. Then some of us paid something like $8 for a pressed set through Amazon in late 2016.

It sometimes shows up as used, which can be a risk depending on its history. I found it used in December, but it is not a cheap set used usually. I saw it in December and got it for a price I could live with and I got lucky with a pressed set that works. If you’re looking, keep an eye on that page and you might find one for a price you are ok with.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy

That is odd. Maybe that and Season 7 plus the Hitchcock Hour will get the proper release in Region 1 in the not too distant future.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
It sometimes shows up as used, which can be a risk depending on its history. I found it used in December, but it is not a cheap set used usually. I saw it in December and got it for a price I could live with and I got lucky with a pressed set that works. If you’re looking, keep an eye on that page and you might find one for a price you are ok with.
Thank you. I will do that.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
How about AMAZING STORIES? Released in Germany, though on a crippled blu ray.

Crippled Blu-Ray?

Might be a reference to the SD blu ray release. There are a few of those released in Europe that way.

149756_large.jpg

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I also notice the current version of Dynasty was discontinued in the US. Season 2 is showing as a Region 4 release but according to the reviews it is region free.

The final litmus test of "no confidence" for ViacomCBS tv shows, is if they discontinue the region1 american dvd season sets for long running shows like NCIS. (No idea if NCIS is popular anywhere else outside of america).

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
This appears to also be an amazon germany exclusive.

It's nice that at least one country seems to have a significant enough population who are interested in their HD television releases actually being in HD.

I noticed that Season 9 of the Hawaii Five-0 reboot has been announced for March. That'll, technically, get that show up to a "complete series" released on BD outside of the US (since season 10 is still in it's first broadcast run). The US abandoned it on BD after season 3. The BD releases of this series from then forward are from Germany or Japan only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks