What's new

American Tail DVD series @ $6.99 each (1 Viewer)

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
Most stores are selling these DVDs for $9.99 each. I found a store (K-Mart) that had labels on the movies which was a $3 off coupon. I think the employee messed up and gave $3 off each DVD when it was supposed to be off every 2 in the series. I am not sure if the first 2 movies (which were in the theaters) were originally done in widescreen (1.85 X 1 or 2.25 x 1, etc.) or not. Does anyone know? Anyway, the bitrate on these DVDs is way above average (ranging from 7.5 to 8.8). The first 2 movies (An American Tale~1986 and Feival Goes West~ 1991) in the series include dts 5.1 soundtracks. My daughter saw them and now she wants the Land Before Time Series thanks to Universal Forced Advertisement on all the DVDs.

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
I am guessing they were full frame only because there is no "this movie has been modified to fit a 4x3 TV" at the beginning of the movies or the cases, but maybe not.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Feivel Goes West is widescreen on laserdisc.
Time to teach your kids the concept of "boycott".

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
"Feivel Goes West is widescreen on laserdisc.
Time to teach your kids the concept of "boycott"."

:D :D :D :D I will put an anti-full screen banner on her door in between all of her Barbie collectables first thing in morning. Of course, I think by the time my five year old daughter is old enough to really understand, I will have explain to her what 4x3 is instead of WidescreeN (hopefully);) All of my daughter's animated and family DVDs are widescreen when an option is given. I remember buying the Babe 2 pack and one DVD was full screen while the other is widescreen, so I took that back and opted just to buy them both separate in order to get both widescreen. I think the only full screen DVDs she has are "Land Before Time" which after to different versions is not available in WS and Stuart Little which I have yet to find the WS version.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I haven't seen it recently, but I think it is "Tail" because Feivel is a mouse. It was a cheap '80s-type pun. You could get away with puns then.

Users who are viewing this thread