What's new

American Reunion - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"American Reunion" is the tardy 10th year (i.e. 13th year) high school reunion for the American Pie gang, and overall, it plays to its strengths and spins the funny from Jim's awkwardness with sex, and Stifler's basic overall crudeness in engaging with other human beings in general. Add the casting of some welcomed eye candy, and general nuttiness in the script, it's a reunion movie that entertains its targetted audience, fans of the American Pie franchise.
For those who laughed at Jim's awkwardness with the girl he used to babysit in the trailer, you'll be rewarded with a viewing of this movie.
I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.

Kimberly Jones

Auditioning
Real Name
Kimberly Jones
I had never sew this movie before, thanks for your review, I am now know whether it's worth seeing. :)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I agree with the rating. I watched AP when it first came out but didn't catch either of the sequels until the past month. I rewatched the first film and thought it held up well. AP2 was a pretty poor, cheap cash-in. AW was better but I thought there was too much Stifler.
AMERICAN REUNION was extremely good IMO and I think it did itself justice by leaving out some of the raunchy humor and going for a little drama and more character development. No, this isn't a melodrama and the dirty stuff is still here but I enjoyed that it was a little bit more mature. I thought the "real life" moments were quite good and I enjoyed the various situations that the characters were involved with during their adult years. The movie really kept a smile on my face from start to finish and it's a real shame most will probably skip it because of the two negative sequels and those direct-to-DVD movies.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
While I probably haven't seen the American Pie movies since American Wedding came out, I have fond memories of those movies and so it was fun seeing all the characters in American Reunion. I wasn't rolling in the aisles with laughter but the movie will probably be solidly entertaining for fans of the series.
Two jokes that I thought were funny but the audience didn't really seem to laugh at were the MILF guys basically having an unseen and apparently dramatic story with a few scenes that just happened to cross over into 'our' movie and
the Shermanator having a son named Furlong. It would have been easier and more recognizable to the audience if they had gone with 'Arnold' but I appreciate that they made the deeper T2 reference of Eddie Furlong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks