American Pie: Ultimate Edition

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom-G, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    Which version of American Pie is on the Ultimate Edition? Is it the theatrical version, or the unrated director's cut that was on the Special Edition? The search function was down, so I will greatly appreciate any information you can provide.
    ------------------
    As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

2. MaxY

MaxY Guest

The one sitting on my desk getting ready to mail out is the Unrated version but they mave have done the UE in both as well.
    I saw a guy looking it over in Best Buy the other day and then he got all excited because it also contains a 4x3 non widescreen version. [​IMG]
    Max
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
    Equipment Lists for My HTs
    Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here
    Time to resume Buying Warner Product!!

3. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

Tom,
    The cover of the unrated version of the Ultimate Edition has the three girls holding a pie. The R-rated version has a group picture of several of the characters.

4. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

There are two seperate versions of the U.E as well as the previous editions.
    It's worth it if you want to replace the old theatrical cut.
    ------------------
    "This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"

5. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    Max, Ken and Nate,
    Thank you all for the information! I assumed that Ultimate Edition had both versions on it, but obviously I was wrong.
    ------------------
    As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

6. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    Just to clear things up, there are TWO releases out there (original and Ultimate Edition) and each of these releases has TWO disc buying options, either rated or unrated.
    Original Release:
    - Rated Disc
    - Unrated Disc
    UE:
    - Rated Disc
    - Unrated Disc
    So, if you were a REALLY big fan of the movie and wanted every DVD release available, you'd have FOUR copies on your shelf.
    -Nathan the Newbie