What's new

American Pie: Ultimate Edition (1 Viewer)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Which version of American Pie is on the Ultimate Edition? Is it the theatrical version, or the unrated director's cut that was on the Special Edition? The search function was down, so I will greatly appreciate any information you can provide.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

M

MaxY

The one sitting on my desk getting ready to mail out is the Unrated version but they mave have done the UE in both as well.
I saw a guy looking it over in Best Buy the other day and then he got all excited because it also contains a 4x3 non widescreen version.
frown.gif

Max
------------------
Maxsig.gif

Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
Equipment Lists for My HTs
Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here
Time to resume Buying Warner Product!!

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Tom,
The cover of the unrated version of the Ultimate Edition has the three girls holding a pie. The R-rated version has a group picture of several of the characters.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
There are two seperate versions of the U.E as well as the previous editions.
It's worth it if you want to replace the old theatrical cut.
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Max, Ken and Nate,
Thank you all for the information! I assumed that Ultimate Edition had both versions on it, but obviously I was wrong.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Just to clear things up, there are TWO releases out there (original and Ultimate Edition) and each of these releases has TWO disc buying options, either rated or unrated.
Original Release:
- Rated Disc
- Unrated Disc
UE:
- Rated Disc
- Unrated Disc
So, if you were a REALLY big fan of the movie and wanted every DVD release available, you'd have FOUR copies on your shelf.
-Nathan the Newbie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks