What's new

"American Pie Ultimate Edition" isn't (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Whose bright idea was it to put out TWO "Ultimate Editions" of this, one with the theatrical cut and one with the unrated version, each having a widescreen and pan-and-scan version? The ULTIMATE edition would have the pan-and-scan thrown out and instead included BOTH cuts of the movie. I know they made the one with just the R-rated version to please stores like Wal-Mart that won't carry unrated material, but you'd think they could still have SOMETHING that had BOTH versions for those of us who would want to compare the two.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Yup the good folks over at Universal have completely lost it. I think a change of direction for their home video department is in order, a la the change FOX made. We all know Universal can put out great DVDs, but between "Ultimate Editions", "Collector's Editions," Widescreen Edition", "Pan and Scan edition", "R-rated edition" and "unrated edition", ALL OF THE SAME TITLE NO LESS IS LUDICROUS.
I really hope they get straightened out soon. I have had it with their antics.
furious.gif

------------------
jsb.jpg-thumb_122_91.jpg

Jay and Silent Bob in
CLERKS

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Why are you surprised? They could be spending time releasing The Back to the Future Trilogy which everyone wants but instead they release everything over again.
Good One Universal!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks