1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

American Pie UE or regular version?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle Richardson, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

Sorry if this has been covered but the search function is not working.
    Is the UE version of American Pie worth getting over the regular version? I dont have this and I was wondering if the UE was worth the extra money. It does not look to have many more extras but is the sound and picture improved on the UE (I did notice that UE has DTS)?
    Thanks
    ------------------AOL Instant Messenger Name: kyler70

2. Ian C

Ian C Stunt Coordinator

Well, I would go for the UE...mainly because right now it comes with a free ticket to see American Pie 2. Also, it has DTS on it...though there is little difference. The picture is the exact same as the previous release.
    Ian
    ------------------

3. Glenn

Glenn Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    I have a question about the Ultimate Edition of American Pie.
    I recently bought it and then saw it in another store but it had a different picture for the cover. Does anybody know if there are just two pictures or more?
    Mine has the picture with the flute in the picture with a bunch of female characters from the movie. The other one that I saw had the three girls holding the pie.
    Anybody?
    Glenn

4. Tom Ryan

Tom Ryan Screenwriter

The one with the entire cast and the flute on the cover is the R-rated version, the one with the three girls and the pie is the unrated version.
    -Tom

5. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

There are two versions of the UE, just like there were two versions of the CE.
    The R-rated cut which includes all the cast on the cover (this version has Jim standing up humping the pie).
    The Unrated cut which has the three girls on the cover includes 25 seconds of extra footage (this version has Jim humping the pie while laying on the counter).
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    DVD In Detail - DVD Reviewer
    My DVD Collection / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
    "I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

6. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

Glen
    If you bought the Rated version by mistake and would prefer to have the Unrated one then I have a friend who wouldn't mind trading with you. It seems the rated one is hard to come by around these parts.
    To keep this on topic the only differences between the Unrated and Rated ones are the 25 seconds of footage.
    As for which to buy if you have any interest in seeing Pie 2 then get the UE. Just make sure you plan to see Pie 2 before the coupon for the free ticket expires on the 26th.