What's new

American Pie UE or regular version? (1 Viewer)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Sorry if this has been covered but the search function is not working.
Is the UE version of American Pie worth getting over the regular version? I dont have this and I was wondering if the UE was worth the extra money. It does not look to have many more extras but is the sound and picture improved on the UE (I did notice that UE has DTS)?
Thanks
------------------AOL Instant Messenger Name: kyler70

Ian C

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I would go for the UE...mainly because right now it comes with a free ticket to see American Pie 2. Also, it has DTS on it...though there is little difference. The picture is the exact same as the previous release.
Ian
------------------

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I have a question about the Ultimate Edition of American Pie.
I recently bought it and then saw it in another store but it had a different picture for the cover. Does anybody know if there are just two pictures or more?
Mine has the picture with the flute in the picture with a bunch of female characters from the movie. The other one that I saw had the three girls holding the pie.
Anybody?
Glenn

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
The one with the entire cast and the flute on the cover is the R-rated version, the one with the three girls and the pie is the unrated version.
-Tom

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
There are two versions of the UE, just like there were two versions of the CE.
The R-rated cut which includes all the cast on the cover (this version has Jim standing up humping the pie).
The Unrated cut which has the three girls on the cover includes 25 seconds of extra footage (this version has Jim humping the pie while laying on the counter).
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Glen
If you bought the Rated version by mistake and would prefer to have the Unrated one then I have a friend who wouldn't mind trading with you. It seems the rated one is hard to come by around these parts.
To keep this on topic the only differences between the Unrated and Rated ones are the 25 seconds of footage.
As for which to buy if you have any interest in seeing Pie 2 then get the UE. Just make sure you plan to see Pie 2 before the coupon for the free ticket expires on the 26th.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.