American Pie Trilogy box set?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jeremy_Watson, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Jeremy_Watson

Jeremy_Watson Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know/heard anything about the three American Pie movies being released as a box set? It may be too early, seeing as the 3rd just hit theaters, but others here are much more in the know than I am. Thanks for any help.

2. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

I bet they'll release a 4 disc boxset at the same time as American Wedding hits DVD, doing what they did with Jurassic Park. 3 first discs will be movies, 4th DVD will be the Beneath the Crust DVD. Hopefully Beneath the Crust will be sold separately as well.

3. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I think a box set is a given, probably a 4-disc set with BTC like Magnus said.

4. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Isn't there a BTC disc with both of the first 2 movies now though? Wouldn't there need to be 6 discs then? Or are the BTC discs just parts of a documentary that'll be edited together for the third film's release.

5. Brent M

Brent M Producer

I thought the full Beneath the Crust bonus disc was going to be available with the American Wedding DVD when it's released. I already have the first two movies on DVD and I'm not going to buy a whole box set just to get that bonus disc. Besides, haven't they already released the first two films like 78 different times anyway? I think everybody that wants them has those movies on DVD by now. Just package the bonus disc with American Wedding and make everybody happy for once, Universal......you a**holes!

6. Jeremy_Watson

Jeremy_Watson Stunt Coordinator

I have the first, but never got around to buying the second, that is why I'm hoping for the box set. Having it with some cool packaging and the BTC disc would be nice.

7. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I also think I heard somewhere that the BTC disc will be packaged with the American Wedding release. And hell, knowing the thousands of versions that Universal will likely release, I'm sure those of us who own the first two as well as those who want a box set should be able to get what we want.

8. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I've also heard that the Beneath the Crust DVD that will be included with the American Wedding dvd will be different from the Beneath the Crust DVD that is currently available. From what I understand, the current release is a "preview" of the later release.

9. Brent M

Brent M Producer

Apparently the Beneath the Crust Volumes 1 and 2 are about 30 min. each, but the entire Beneath the Crust documentary is going to be around 4 hours. At least that's what the creator of the films said in an interview somewhere. That should be a pretty comprehensive documentary if it turns out to be true.

10. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Ok, I've waited a few years now. Is there a Tri-Pie box planned?

11. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

There should be, everyone else is makin money off of double-dips, why should this set be an exception?

12. Bob clamer

Bob clamer Supporting Actor

The bonus disc only came with the "American Wedding Gift Set" and is the compilation of the 2 BTC DVDs. Running time is 3 hours 18 minutes.
    American Pie Revealed
    Get the complete story of the American Pie comedies! Dishing out a hilarious new Pie-style perspective on the wildest, sexiest comedy trilogy of all time. It's an outrageous new American Pie movie experience! Fresh from the set of American Wedding, with exclusive footage written, produced and filmed by the cast and filmmakers themselves, there are all-new stories, gags, and out-of-control antics with Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan, Seann William Scott, Eugene Levy and the rest of the American Pie gang. Trust us, you're about to be served up the American Pie you DIDN'T get in the theater!

13. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Given that Universal has released more versions of these movies than I can keep track, it would only make sense they will issue another release. However, I wouldn't wait. The current versions are good enough anyway.

14. Jordan Rebner

I was pretty disappointed when i found out i had to buy that stupid american pie t-shirt in order to get that extra disc with wedding and thus i put off purchasing it, now it seems to be impossible to find [​IMG]

15. Bob clamer

There is a few available on ebay but with the other "pie" DVDs. [​IMG]

16. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

ANOTHER "American Pie" box set is released while Oscar winners like "Missing" go to the Studio Selections brand?

Un-flippin-believable.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I think with all the "Pie" we've been served, we'll be puking soon.

17. Bob Graham

Bob Graham Supporting Actor

Bob Graham
    I heard there's and AMERICAN PIE 4 coming out this year. We may have to wait until it's released on DVD to get the boxset.

18. Bob clamer

Sad but true.

Plot Summary for
    American Pie: Band Camp (2005) (V)
    All the original characters have moved on, except there will be a cameo by Finch. Stifler's little brother Matt, wants to join his brother's business (Stifler has hit it big producing Girls Gone Wild videos) and after everything Matt has heard from Jim's bandgeek wife Michelle, he plans to go back to band camp and make a video of his own.... Bandies Gone Wild
    This title will be going straight to video. No theatrical release.

19. Will_B

Will_B Producer

From the Digital Bits:

20. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

Finally! I was worried these movies would NEVER come out on DVD!

-paul