American Pie on DVD ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan L B, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

First off, is there any difference between the Collectors edition and the ultimate edition. Also on both the first and sequal, what is the difference between the uncut and rated versions. More language, nudity so on and so on. Lastly, with the deleted scenes section, are they the same stuff on the unrated or is it just lousy material not worth watching.

2. Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn Stunt Coordinator

The Ulimate Edition offers the following extra items: DTS, Full-Screen AND Widescreen, Photography montage with director and producer commentary, Tonic "You Wanted More" music video, Tonic live performance, and American Pie 2 sneak peak and theatrical trailer. (This is according to Amazon.com's description of the discs!)

For the first movie, the unrated version offers a different take on the "pie scene" and more pics from the "love book" - can't remember what it's called??

For the second movie, do a search on "American Pie 2" here and you'll find at least one thread that discusses those differences in detail.

Don't know if the deleted scenes is different on the rated/unrated versions. I would bet it's the same on both.

Whichever versions of the movies you get, enjoy them - I do!

Rob

3. Ryan L B

soes anybody who owns the dvd actually know the awnser to see what scenes are in the Unrated versions compared to the rated versions.

4. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    In American Pie 2, it's not added scenes but extensions of a couple of scenes that are the difference. The two major ones are some lines of dialog at the end of the "lesbian" scene and extra dialog of Jim's dad in the waiting room at the hospital.

5. Jussi Tarvainen

Jussi Tarvainen Second Unit

6. Ryan L B

so all it is is dialog, but no t and a like we were all hoping for. So this was a marketing ploy by universal to get us to buy the "dirty" version and spend extra money.

7. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

I always thought the R-rated pie scene was funnier than the unrated pie scene.

It looked funnier up against the counter than laying on it.

8. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    I don't see how it's a ploy. Everywhere I've looked, the R and unrated versions were the same price. Since I saw the R versions in theaters, I only purchsed the unrated versions.

And the extra dialog really makes the movie even better.