What's new

American Pie: Beneath The Crust (1 Viewer)

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
I knew it would happen. Just take a look at this quote from DVDFile:

Those who just can't get enough pie can also opt for the American Wedding Gift Set, which retails for $39.95 and includes the widescreen Extended Party Edition plus a bonus disc, American Pie Revealed. Similar to the Jurassic Park box set, this bonus disc will only be available in the Gift Set and includes additional behind-the-scenes and making-of material on all three Pie flicks. Yummy!
The Beneath the Crust DVD (now called American Pie Revealed, I guess) will only be apart of the boxset (full specs on American Wedding also on DVDFile, by the way). This totally blows as I allready have the two first American Pie movies. I guess they'll offer this disc as well as the boxset cover for those of you that have allready bought the first two movies, I however live in Norway and the chances of them sending me the extra disc and boxset are slim to none I guess... :thumbsdown:

Universal, prove me wrong!

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Yes sucks big time

I bought the American Pie (2-Movie party Pack) now they want me to buy the new box set just to get the bonus disc.

Universal just doesn't get it.

Rob M.

Stunt Coordinator
I think that box set only includes American Wedding plus the bonus disc, not all three movies.

Those who just can't get enough pie can also opt for the American Wedding Gift Set, which retails for $39.95 and includes the widescreen Extended Party Edition plus a bonus disc, American Pie Revealed. Similar to the Jurassic Park box set, this bonus disc will only be available in the Gift Set and includes additional behind-the-scenes and making-of material on all three Pie flicks. Yummy!
Isn't the "Extended Party Edition" just the "unrated" version of the new movie?

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I think you guys are reading the information wrong. The description of the gift set only implies the third film plus a bonus disc. The Jurassic Park set you're comparing this to had four discs and retailed for $75. I seriously doubt Universal would give us the same number of discs for $40 suggested retail.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The gift set ONLY includes the Unrated widescreen edition of American Wedding.

SRP on American Wedding: $26.99
SRP on American Wedding Gift Set: $39.99

So the extra disc is $13 more.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
In that case, it's another Universal movie I won't buy as I don't want to buy an inferior version adn the oen I want is too expensive. They've already done this with Red Dragon and are also doing it with Seabiscuit.

DeanWG

Stunt Coordinator
In that case, it's another Universal movie I won't buy as I don't want to buy an inferior version adn the oen I want is too expensive. They've already done this with Red Dragon and are also doing it with Seabiscuit.
Wha?

You can buy the theatrical version by itself, the unrated version by itself, or the unrated version together with a bonus disk for a high price.

You're calling the first version INFERIOR, and the second TOO EXPENSIVE. Sounds like you're demanding a whole lot for a whole lot less. Props to Universal for giving the choice, although here's hoping that all of these versions combined with the P&S crap won't confuse the marketplace too much.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Other studios release 2-disc SEs for movies of roughly the same or lesser popularity all the time. I figure I'll hold out and eventual the 2-disc will turn up somewhere cheap. I can be quote patient.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Frankly, I'm glad I held off on buying the first 2 movies with the "Beneath The Crust" extra discs. I remember reading on here a couple of months back that upon the release of "AW", an extra disc would be made containing both BTC 1&2 plus additional behind the scenes footage for the third movie. I'll definitely be picking up the giftset. No question.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
:b My bad. Should've read the press release a little more carefully. Still, DVDFile shouldn't compare this boxset with the Jurassic Park boxset. I'm happy now.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I saw that the AR listed for the American Wedding DVD on DVDjournal.com was 1.85:1. That's got to be a mistake, right?

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
The first two films were 1.85:1

I haven't seen Wedding yet, but IMDB lists this as 1.85:1 as well.

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe it was matted incorrectly when you saw it in the theater?

Can anyone else confirm the aspect ratio?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
It'd be super cool of Universal to do what they did with the Jurassic Park boxed set. By sending in the UPCs from the previous releases and a check for $5 or so, you were able to get the box for the boxed set, as well as the bonus DVD. Essentially, they let everyone upgrade their individual DVDs to the boxed set. I always thought this was a really great move on their part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks