What's new

American Pie 2 - what a waste of time!! (1 Viewer)

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
That interview was pretty damn funny. Natasha Lyonne was...well, she didn't like Nick very much :) The segment with Eugene Levy was probably my favorite part.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
I laughed my ass off at this flick. Its funny. Thats it, its not made to get you to think about the inner-workings of the human mind or anything. Its dick and fart jokes.

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
> Its dick and fart jokes...

>

I think the problem was that it didn't know it was supposed to be a dick and fart joke movie...

As far as dick and fart jokes go, there were a few that were funny, but empty space in between. It seemed like the first 1/2 hour was a complete waste. No attempt was made at character development...or even any kind of plot.

At least with AP-1, love it or hate it, had a plot. It was weak, but it filled the space between all the sick jokes with a typical teen-sex comedy plot.

Look at Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. It has no plot, but is filled from end to end with dick and fart jokes. And that is what you expect.

Oh well.. AP-2 is not the worst movie ever made. Just skip over the first 1/2 hour so your not so bored when you get to the better jokes.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how people who apply critical film analysis to EVERY movie they watch enjoy anything nowadays.
I liked American Pie 2 for what it is, a raunchy teen sex comedy.
Oh well because I enjoyed it, I have an IQ less than 70. :rolleyes
Sheesh, some of you cinema "gods" need to step off your pedestal sometimes.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I'm 25, have an IQ of 132, and quite liked the movie, even though it wasn't as good as the first one. I own the unrated widescreen edition on DVD, too.
Not every movie has to have the epic sweep of The Lord of the Rings and the social commentary of Philadelphia, y'know? Sometimes a guy superglueing his hand to his penis is enough to entertain :)
Also, no objection to gratuitous boobie scenes here :D

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I'm twenty five, IQ 150+, went to film school, can do all the film snob talk, love Citizen Kane, love The Big Sleep, noticed when the subtitles in Jules And Jim didn't exactly translate what they were saying, watched Kurosawa films on the big screen in Japan and still thought American Pie 2 was funny. I enjoyed the first on the first time but upon repeat viewings lost it; too many shock value jokes.

jeremy

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what my IQ is, nor do I really care. I just finished my Masters degree in computer information systems, so I can't be that dumb. On any rate...

What I don't understand is how anyone can like AP 1 but not like 2. The sequel simply rehashed the first movie. They are both one of the same. With that said, I liked both films.

Craig P

Stunt Coordinator
What I don't understand is how anyone can like AP 1 but not like 2. The sequel simply rehashed the first movie. They are both one of the same.
As someone who is much fonder of the first than the second (though I don't regret seeing the latter), my take is that there was a kind of genuine-ness (for lack of a better term, and not counting the "internet" scene) that the first captured and the second didn't. The second seemed forced, it just didn't have the same life to it.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Exactly... Part 2 makes it too obvious they're trying to recreate the original. Particularly cringe-worthy is Casey Affleck's cameo, which was so great in the first one. Then again, the same thing tends to happen when you get together with your high school pals after a few years of no contact. Trying to rekindle the old camaraderie can make the whole affair feel forced.
However, I still consider it a wonderful comedy, deserving of every penny it made at the box office, and it endeared me even more to that group of actors. Especially Alyson Hannigan ;) *growl*

Butch C

Second Unit
[rant]If you are listing your IQ please do not use that bogus IQ test posted on this forum weeks ago![/rant]

Apparently we have 5000 supergeniuses sitting around posting about edge enhancment. We should be trying to solve cold fusion.

Werner_R

Stunt Coordinator
We should be trying to solve cold fusion. :D :D :D
Nah, to boring ;)
I saw this one in theaters and it simply sucks, it's not funny ! I like Dude where's my car, it's a silly movie but it doesn't pretend to be anything more then that, and it's funny ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks