What's new

American Outlaws DVD release date? (1 Viewer)

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
More than likely, American Outlaws will be released in January or February.
There's an outside shot it could be released in December, but it would be buried with everything else coming out during this time.
I love westerns, but all I could think of when I saw the trailer... Young Guns III.
Daniel L

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
from DVDFILE.com:
AMERICAN OUTLAWS - AVAILABLE DECEMBER 4
The legend of Jesse James gets a fresh spin in this action comedy featuring hot, young actors COLIN FARRELL (Tigerland, this winter's Hart's War), SCOTT CAAN (Gone in 60 Seconds, Enemy of the State, Boiler Room, December's Ocean's 11) and ALI LARTER (Legally Blonde, Varsity Blues, House on Haunted Hill).
When the citizens of a Midwest town learn that a corrupt railroad baron has captured the deeds to their homesteads, a group of young ranchers join forces to take back what is rightfully theirs and ultimately become the object of the biggest manhunt in the history of the Old West. As their fame grows, so does the legend of their leader, the young outlaw Jesse James.
American Outlaws also stars screen veterans KATHY BATES (Titanic, The Waterboy, Misery) and former James Bond TIMOTHY DALTON and is directed by LES MAYFIELD (Flubber, Miracle on 34th Street).
American Outlaws is rated "PG-13" (western violence) and will be available for rent on VHS and for sale on DVD, priced at $24.98 SRP. The web-enabled, feature-packed DVD includes the following:
Four featurettes: The Making of American Outlaws, Creating the Old West, How to Be an Outlaw and Costuming the Cowboys
Deleted scenes
Feature-length commentary by director Les Mayfield, editor Michael Tronick and co-writer John Rogers
Storyboards
Publicity gallery
Production stills
Original trailers and TV spots
Cast/crew biographies and film highlights
Languages: English and French
Subtitles: English, French and Spanish
Three English audio tracks: DTS, Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital 2.0
Interactive animated menus
16x9 widescreen format
Additional enhanced features for DVD-ROM include screenplay viewer with storyboards, the original theatrical website and web links
Warner is giving a movie that bombed a SE DVD AND DTS!?!?! Holy shit. I thought I'd never see the day.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
OK, all together now:
The quality of a motion picture has absolutely NO bearing on how stocked the DVD will be.
To quote Mr. Darnell from Christine:
"You can't polish a turd."
I'm being unfair, as I haven't see American Outlaws yet, but I did see both Young Guns movies AND The Newton Boys, so I figure I'm qualified to make a guess.
I'll be renting it either way. :)
------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

DarrenA

Second Unit
Is this a typo?? Is Warner Bros. actually giving us a DTS 5.1 soundtrack??!! After their minor dabble into DTS with the re-issues of Lethal Weapon 1,2,3, Twister and Interview with the Vampire last year, it seemed WB was destined to not support DTS again. Has something apparently changed their minds, or this is misinformation?
------------------
DarrenA
The Academy Home Theater

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I sure hope this is NOT a typo on Warner Bros. press release. If this is indeed their first non-reissue title to include DTS, though not a great title, at least their getting into the DTS waters. That's great news!!
I saw this flick in the theaters and I was pleasantly surprised. I actually liked it. And it sounded fabulous in DD. I said to myself while watching it in the theater, man would it be cool if Warner could include a DTS track on this one knowing all along that they don't support DTS , And wha-la! Warner grants my wish !!! DTS on American Outlaws ... Bring it on!!!!
Let those six shooters fire!!! YeeeHawwww!!!!!!

Here's the cover art...
americanoutlaws.jpg

------------------
http://www.movierecords.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks