What's new

American Made 9/29/17 (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
American Made.jpg

Barry Seal, a TWA pilot, is recruited by the CIA to provide reconnaissance on the burgeoning communist threat in Central America and soon finds himself in charge of one of the biggest covert CIA operations in the history of the United States. The operation spawns the birth of the Medellin cartel and almost brings down the Reagan White House.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This film looks like it could be entertaining, but the constant portrayal of CIA agents as out-of-control Cowboys is just getting cliche. Those people are deliberate in the crimes they commit in the name of National Security. They are not rogues partying it up.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I saw that trailer earlier this summer, and it's the first movie in about 20 years featuring Tom Cruise that I kinda want to see.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I saw that trailer earlier this summer, and it's the first movie in about 20 years featuring Tom Cruise that I kinda want to see.
Funny. I feel just the opposite.

But I'll see it anyway. :)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Cathy and I are catching a matinee this afternoon. The reviews are strong and the trailer suggests this is our kind of film. I expect we'll be excited to show it in the Booth Bijou Garage Theater in a few months.

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
A solid film with terrific performances. Is it possible that Tom Cruise might actually get his fourth nomination for an Oscar? Yes, I think it's very much possible.

The Booth Bijou gives 'American Made' 4.5 out of 5 stars. We are looking forward to sharing it in the Booth Bijou Garage Theater in January or so.

Mark

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I don't think this film will get nominated for anything because they killed two pilots making it and paralyzed a third. So, this won't be on the radar of the Academy. No way they will reward that.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
This is on my watch list. Not sure if I'll make it to the theater, but want to see it

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I give it 3/5 stars.

Was okay, mildly amusing.
Too long though.

Cruise was alright, nothing extraordinary.

Wasnt this movie on the shelf for two years too.

Doubtful for any noms.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I agree that the movie is not likely to contend for any Oscars, but I saw it over the weekend and really enjoyed it. It was really well-made, often funny and entertaining to watch from beginning to end, and told a story that I did not know anything about going in. Is it the best movie of the year? No. Was it worth the price of my movie theater admission to go see it? Absolutely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks