Real Name
Alfer
Looks good.

Man that dude never seems to age btw!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just saw this movie. Really liked it. Domhnall Gleeson is amazing in this movie. He is the best in this. Also Tom Cruise's performance is excelent. For the first time in recent years I did not see Tom Cruise. I saw his character.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Add me to the list. I was very surprised with how much I loved this movie. I knew nothing of this guy (Barry Seal) and can't believe what he accomplished and got away with. From what I read they took a lot of liberties with the accuracy of the details in Barry's life but it's still absolutely crazy what he did during those years.

From Wikipedia - "Liman has described the film as "a fun lie based on a true story." And I'm ok with that.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Domhnall Gleeson was so natural and excellent. After seeing him in the new Star Wars movies, I was worried. He is easily the worst actor in the new Star Wars movies. I blame it on their directors. He can act really well.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Domhnall Gleeson was so natural and excellent. After seeing him in the new Star Wars movies, I was worried. He is easily the worst actor in the new Star Wars movies. I blame it on their directors. He can act really well.
I think the problem is that Gleeson is given nothing to do but yell or be the comedy in the SW movies. There's even some dialogue in The Last Jedi to explain how a guy who comes off like a screaming maniac in The Force Awakens could be in charge of a gigantic army.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

Sam have you seen Ex Machina? An excellent science fiction film with a great performance from Mr. Gleeson.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes I have seen Ex Machina. I just liked every single little thing he did in this movie (American Made). His mannerism and everything else.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think the problem is that Gleeson is given nothing to do but yell or be the comedy in the SW movies. There's even some dialogue in The Last Jedi to explain how a guy who comes off like a screaming maniac in The Force Awakens could be in charge of a gigantic army.

I actually think he's great in those movies - he's playing that part the way it should be played. Just as Kylo Ren desperately wants to be as cool as Darth Vader but just can't pull it off (which is an intentional part of the character), I see Gleeson's character as wanting to be like Peter Cushing but not having the temperament for it :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I actually think he's great in those movies - he's playing that part the way it should be played. Just as Kylo Ren desperately wants to be as cool as Darth Vader but just can't pull it off (which is an intentional part of the character), I see Gleeson's character as wanting to be like Peter Cushing but not having the temperament for it :)
I think he's funny too in that role as I've laughed out loud a couple of times during both films.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Tom Cruise was just off the charts good. He's just so natural. One of the best and most gifted actors of our time and doesn't get the respect.
Some will disagree with you as Cruise is a lightening rod for some people, but I think he's a fine actor. Some people think he plays the same character in just about all of his films.

I haven't seen this film yet, but waiting on the 4K/UHD release to drop below $20.00 as my new disc purchasing strategy for 2018, is holding steady so far.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn35
Recent bookmarks