American In Paris SE?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Haggai, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Haggai

Haggai Producer

Just wondering if anyone has any guesses or info about the possibility of an SE for this movie. The WB press release that Roger Rollins posted the other day about the upcoming Judy Garland discs looks really great, and the Singin' in the Rain SE is excellent, so I would guess that there'll eventually be a nice AIP SE as well, but I haven't seen any tidbits anywhere about that being in the works.

2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    In the last WB chat, they mentioned that the film needs to have an Ultra Resolution re-transfer (like Singin' in the Rain, The Adventures of Robin Hood, and the upcoming Meet Me in St. Louis) to look its best. I think it's in the works, but no press releases or solid information yet.

3. Haggai

Haggai Producer

I suspected that it was a likely next candidate for a new transfer via that process. Hopefully it's the next one in line after St. Louis.

4. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    A new AIP would be good, but I'd also like to see them put a priority on new spiffed-up versions of some of their widescreen musicals. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Brigadoon, Camelot, Gigi, and The Music Man.

5. Haggai

Haggai Producer

Throw It's Always Fair Weather onto that widescreen list for me, although it's quite obscure and unlikely to get priority over more famous movies.

6. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

I would kill to have a CAMELOT with the correct soundtrack instead of that awful BS 5.1 remix from hell.
    A Brigadoon with all of the extras fro the laser would be great ( 3 cut filmed numbers and 3 hours of recording sessions)

7. felipenor

felipenor Stunt Coordinator

Won't An American in Paris SE ever be released? Last time I heard it was coming out in 2006 (55th anniversary edition)

8. Daniel BARBIEUX

Daniel BARBIEUX Stunt Coordinator

It seems that a special edition of An American in Paris will be available this year on DVD and blu-ray. Another great MGM musical, "Gigi" will see the light of the day also on both systems.

9. Edward Weinman

Edward Weinman Second Unit

I can only imagine how magnificent these two greats will show in blu-ray...can't wait!

10. Richard M S

Richard M S Supporting Actor

This is one of my all-time favorite films, and it is a DVD I am really looking forward to this year.

It is a Best Picture winner, so hopefully we will get it with a documentary and a commentary track featuring Leslie Caron and/or Nina Foch.

Since the laser disc special edition featured the deleted musical number LOVE WALKED IN sung by George Guertary, I would guess they would include that. It would be awesome if they found any additional footage, such as Gene Kelly's deleted "I've Got A Crush On You" number.