What's new

American Idol - Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
BTW, this is Twelvehead girl:

She is dubbed "Twelvehead Girl" because she has a forehead X 3. As near as I could tell, Twelvehead Girl referred to the song Jizzed in My Pants as a joke, and "jizzed" was bleeped out. Her unhappy reaction to her friend making it was priceless.

All in all, the Atlanta auditions were much more entertaining than the Boston dud from Tuesday. There were actually a couple of good singers and had more funny contestants.

After two shows, it is clear that the judging runs much more smoothly without Paula constantly interrupting Simon. In the past, there were segments where it was more about the bickering that the contestants.

New Separated at Births and Chops are up, click on the link in my sig.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So I forget, were was Ellen, I thought she was one of the regular judges.

Atlanta guy who wouldn't beleive the judges was awesomely funny.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD

So I forget, were was Ellen, I thought she was one of the regular judges.

Atlanta guy who wouldn't beleive the judges was awesomely funny.
Her first shows were taped during Hollywood Week, I believe. She considered starting with the actual live shows, but wanted to have some background on the contestants before judging them.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I saw that, Patrick. Easily the funniest thing I have ever seen Fallon do outside of SNL.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
They were using that in promos during Conan. It was only a couple of seconds, so if you didn't look closely, you would think it was really Neil Young. :)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Wow... Casey Carlson really let herself go:

I thought she wasn't eligible for Idol anymore...

Idol is usually a parade of freaks, but check out this one:

Those daisy dukes are so small that the fabric around the waistline is on the verge of buckling, and she can't even get the zipper to go up all the way. I'm just thankful that Idol only showed her coming and not going. The kicker? She wasn't a contestant -- she was someone's mom. Imagine if that was your mom. On national TV. Please call your mother today and thank her for not being a grotesque national embarassment. Holy hell.

Check out this guy -- it's like Randy Jackson had sex with Chris Sligh and then scientists figured out how to splice their DNA.

Katelyn Epperly had this whole sob story about how her dad left her, and she's doing this for mom, and she had this wholesome midwestern look with the blonde ringlets and a babydoll dress. Then she turns to enter the audition and *BAM*! Huge, gnarly-ass back tattoo.

What -- did she join the Yakuza or something? In Iowa?

It's very annoying when the producers spend way too much time on an obvious put-on. This Braying Jackass' audition went on forever, wasn't the least bit funny, and was an obvious bit of willful buffoonery. The only consolation: 2 separated at births:

Boss Nass & Braying Jackass

Prince Naveen's valet Lawrence & Braying Jackass

Charity Vance is a 16 year old who sings well but has a really high, thin voice. The best thing I can say is she sings better than this chick:

Charity is from Little Rock Arkansas but auditioned in Chicago. When you intersect Little Rock and Chicago, what do you get?

You can see it little bit of Bill in there too. She actually looks more like the Clintons' daughter than Chelsea does.

And finally, Paige Dechausse has asthma and has to audition holding an inhaler. I was puzzled at the stress the judges put her through by teasing her about whether or not to put her through to Hollywood considering stress can trigger asthma attacks. If she makes it to the top 24, I bet her gimmick will be different inhalers with multi-colored rhinestones so Ryan can have something to talk about other than her stringy hair and blotchy skin. Because God knows, this chick has zero personality.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
"My pants dun ripped"

I like how he was saying his "friends" showed him how to dance and they are strippers. That's like the guy at work that says "my friend told me has has this bad rash on his crotch, what should he do to get that fixed?"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk

"My pants dun ripped"

I like how he was saying his "friends" showed him how to dance and they are strippers. That's like the guy at work that says "my friend told me has has this bad rash on his crotch, what should he do to get that fixed?"
My own uglies turtled up when that guy did that literal split. Yowwwwww!!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Both guest judges tonight don't have the greatest vocals, so it was sort of ironic to see them on the panel and be reminded that the marketing plays a large part in who gets airplay on the radio, and who gets the push on the music landscape.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It's not that off base considering they were both taking the place of the vocally challenged Paula Abdul. The fact that they're actually relevant artists makes them much more qualified. That and they can talk coherently.

Actually, other than Posh, everyone else has been better than Paula to some degree. Shania and Katy were so good they made up for all of Kara's deficiencies. Watching Katy put Kara in her place was one of the highlights of the season so far. Katy PWNS Kara in every way -- even in the bikini way:

No contest!

Speaking of putting Kara in her place, I was surprised that Kara backed down from Simon and offered a soft "no" when he interrupted her in mid-sentence and aggressively asked, "Kara, yes or no?" He used to do that to Paula and she always lost her shit. Kara just knuckled under. Good dog.

Did anyone else get a strong, strong Gokey vibe from Andrew Garcia? Same vocals, same mannerisms, same hand gestures, and same douchey glasses. Also, they're both quite ugly, with Garcia being right fat to boot. Which reminds me... The Vote for the Worst theory is that TPTB want a girl to win because the male winners have tanked so badly in the market while Carrie, Kelly, and even Jordan have succeeded in selling records (well, there's always going to be a Fantasia in the bunch). One of the ways they intend on steering the voting away from the guys is to pick the fugliest male contestants you can find. If you're fat, ugly, or fat & ugly, you have a leg up on the competition. Tweens aren't going to vote for someone like Andrew Garcia because he looks like Uncle Fester no matter how well he sings.

Oh, and that Orphan guy is apparently milking the fact that he's an orphan big time. All of his on-screen names (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc) are set up for OrphanChris & OrphanMusic. Rather shameless, no?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I think Katty's "everyone has an interesting story" (or whatever the quote was) was the highlight of the season so far.

It was also interesting to see one of the judges (Lavigne) vote "no," because she couldn't see the singer being able to handle the industry--at least not the one this record contract would entail. I think there might be a strong disparity between what people like Randy and Kara, and even Simon view as the "realities of the road," and what current, popular artists such as Perry, Lavigne, and even Jonas hold. Of course None of those singers are exactly struggling artists, hopping from dive bar to dive bar, taking any gig thrown their way, barely being able to put gas in the bus. Still, I'm sure they see a lot more shit than Simon, Randy, and Kara.

I just thought it was interesting.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Regarding the orphan guy, he said he has had 25 Foster Families, idk anything about the system but is that standard or would he be a bad kid, seems like 1 family would keep you.

Katy was great.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
According to people who grew up in the foster family system, 25 is not an unusual number. Apparently, it is common for those who get into being a foster family to quit, either for monetary reasons or they were not prepared for the responsibility. So it's a pretty fluid situation.
x
This is not to say that some opportunist couldn't be exaggerating to tug at more heartstrings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks