What's new

American Idol - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Dancing with the Stars does limit the number of votes you can enter. I don't think the producers of AI care, either way.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The voting system is broken because one determined texter or one person with DialIdol and a PC can, with very little effort, trump the total votes of 50 people spending a lot of time dialing in to vote. With a 2 hour window, that discrepancy grows further.

The producers crow about the 90+ million votes, but in reality, if you have less viewers yet 30% more votes logged, that should tell you that automated voting has taken over the process.

mylan

Screenwriter
For those of you who missed the last minutes i've got one worse. We have a season pass on tivo but due to a repeat of Lost and Criminal Minds we missed the entire show, I don't know how that would have happened because I do not allow repeats (meaning Lost should not have recorded) and one would think at least the first hour would have taped. I am at a loss as to what happened but imagine our reaction when we sat down to watch at 10:15 and all we had was the Tues. night show :frowning:

Despite knowing the winner, does anyone know if it will be repeated or is there a way to see the finale, short of knocking on Simon's door and asking for his copy?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
did the tivo record lost in a 2 hour timeslot?

the showed aired as a full 2 hour episode so it may have confused the tivo.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

It's only my second season. Besides, I did start out adding time, but it screwed up programs that started in the following hour. I don't think that would have been an issue last night, but I didn't plan to be out late and, frankly, didn't think of it. It's ridiculous that they couldn't get the only information that matters inside the two hour timeframe, but it no longer matters. At least I got to see it on YT.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip

I've read this line five times and can't figure out what it means. Ruben is a pale imitation of himself?

mylan

Screenwriter

I'm really not sure of what happened, Lost came on a 8:00, I think, and CM came on at 9:00 so there should not have been any conflicts with a dual tuner tivo, esp. since the tv wasn't on until we sat to watch, I think I would have rather missed an episode of Lost because at least we could watch it on abc.com.

mylan

Screenwriter

Thanks, I also have a Charter Moxi HD DVR downstairs that, sadly, I could have used but since she likes to watch AI upstairs I never set it to record down there. I do double record Lost for just such emergencies and I would hate to think that by doing that I screwed us out of the finale. It couldn't have been that but I have no idea.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I got in late, but watched AI in the bottom half of the 2nd hour, and my Comcast DVR also finished recording just as Ryan announced the winner, and since the indicator telling me that the recording had finished was occupying the screen, there was a small gap of no info on TV, and I had no idea who won until I saw Cook's mom smiling and clapping heartily, and then they cut to Archie's dad, and he seemed resigned over the announcement while clapping politely over the situation, and then Archie was sent to the left with the rest of the losers, so I figured that Cook have been crowned the winner of AI 2008.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I don't get how they can possible run late on a show that is nothing but filler!!!!

You would think by now they would have some flexibility built into the show so that if it was running long, they could trim some time by not showing a clip or something.

I only tuned in the last 20 minutes and even that was too much...

Next year I will only watch the last 5 minutes. :)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I believe the line should read:

"I didn't watch the season Ruben won, but I've always seen him as a pale imitation of Luther Vandross (I've heard a few of his songs on the radio, and they were LV remakes)."

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I don't get how they can possible run late on a show that is nothing but filler!!!!

Filler? You consider all those musical performances to be filler? Wow. I wouldn't expect anyone to like all of them, but if you think they're all filler, you're probably watching the wrong show.

It's pretty obvious the winner won't be announced til the end.

Have you ever watched a long live show like the Oscars? Those almost always run over. I guess if they're running long they can just drop the Best Director award or whatever.

Imagine coordinating all that went on during the finale, live, and having it end exactly at the "correct" time. Although I didn't enjoy every single part of it, I think they did a pretty good job of coordinating all that stuff.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S

even funnier, the staff of the Nokia theatre are called 'redcoats' and wear jackets the exact same shade of red as Randy was sporting. Outside the nokia you had to look close to find Randy and a lot of people (like me) just passed him by without realizing it until someone pointed him out to me. :P

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
LOL-mine cut off shortly after that (I couldn't watch it live, as I wasn't feeling well all day), so missed what I heard was a really nice send-off to close the show. Guess I'll have to hit up YouTube...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I don't get much of anything from watching people dance. If DWtS didn't feature celebrities and all the banter, I probably wouldn't watch it at all (and probably wouldn't have started anyway if my wife weren't into it). I'm sure I've seen a few minutes of SYTYCD, but it's not something I'd make a point to sit down and watch all of.

Watching an artist sing on TV may or may not add much to the song, but even then I've got it on to hear the music, not watch the singer. On the other hand, I do love live concerts.

But watching dancing in and of itself? No thanks.

As far as Footloose, that was about DANCING, not WATCHING dancing. Big difference. ;)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Exactly--how else would AI be able to boast about setting a new world record for most number of votes ever submitted for a reality show? 90+ million votes sure sounds more impressive than say, 20 million (or whatever number of votes are submitted for DWTS). ;)

mylan

Screenwriter

I catch this show in passing but only to see the outfits worn by some of the female dancers, Cheryl Burke is very easy on the eyes.
A.F.A. watching contestants sing on A.I., sometimes I close my eyes to more closely focus on the singing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks