What's new

American Idol - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
He used, "dude you can sing the phonebook" multiple times instead.

I think that both performers were pretty much on key all night, negating the opportunity to use "pitchy".

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Wonder how bad tonight will be. I really enjoyed the Season Finale with daughtry and that crew, forget which season that was.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

I generally don't agree with a single thing Hanson says (in a friendly sort of way!), but he's pretty spot on here (except for the ballroom part - I wouldn't say it's mostly ballroom, but rather mostly contemporary...). So You Think You Can Dance is easily the best dance show on TV. When my g/f was studying dance at University, she would often comment how the other dancers at school would watch Dancing with the Stars as some sort of comedy show :)

Also, Cat Deeley is hot.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I would rather watch paint dry than to watch people dance.

Dancing has never made sense to me. Moving your body around in time with a beat serves no purpose except maybe to get a mate.

How would you explain dancing to a visitor to our planet? Explain why wiggling around is entertainment? Why would I want to watch people having convulsions in time to music?

I have never gotten it, never will. I certainly don't understand people watching on tv.

Sorry, I know we're are getting off topic, but I just can't comprehend how these dancing shows are doings so well in the ratings.

John Swarce

Second Unit
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Scott-S:

I direct you to the movie "Footloose" and Wren's (Kevin Bacon) speech to the town elders about why dancing is important! :D

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread topic.....

--John

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I'll say. Hopefully he does better than most. I think he's far more relevent than 'Archie', who seems to be out of his element in anything other than sappy ballads and love songs.

I think the best bits were Cook w/ZZ Top, and Brooke with Graham Nash. Probably moments of a lifetime for both. But how much more must we endure Jack Black?

"I am your brother...!!"

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
When they said 12 million vote difference I figured it was Archie for sure. But I'm glad it was Cook.

And damn, George Michael does NOT look 44. He looked 74! Yikes. Sounded great, though.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I am very shocked myself to see that Cook won. Happy, but shocked! I actually quite enjoyed the two David's harmonizing on the very first song. It's a song I would purchase on Itunes if they put it on there.

I hate the we have a movie/album to promote crap. Although I adore George Michael, his performance was not very strong as I know he can do.

I also enjoyed Brook White's and Graham Nash's performance, again, a song I would download.

Was it just me or did Paula's boobs seem like they were trying to escape her dress all night? and what the H was with all the shiny material on the girls dresses. Horrible! As someone who sews and knows fabrics very well, those dresses (particularly Carly's, Mickela's and Syesha's) were horrible and not flattering at all.

Randy's suit was very obnoxious as well.

As for the second runner up... I think poppachuleta is going to be sticking him back on probation for screwing this up? LOL!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

A candidate for Peter Griffin's "Side Boob" cable show...

Cook way-y-y outsang 'Archie' on Hero.

Still carrying on the tradition of cheesy 'Idol' single, though...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What was this, Attack of the 80's? George Michael, Donna Summer, ZZ Top, Bryan Adams...no wonder they're losing the young audience.

Congrats to Mr. Cook. He began to grow on me a bit as the season came to an end though I was still hoping for an Archie victory.

I look forward to new music from both of the Davids.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The worst part is having to sit through all the crap. Even if most of it is going by in FF. So, did anything happen after the word "Cook?" Did he sing the winning song, or was it just a confetti fest?

Enjoyed ZZ Top, and I thought Brooke did great on her part of the Donna Summer song. Maybe pigeonholing herself as folk/country/singer-songwriter was a mistake.

I'll resist rubbing it in since I disliked Archuleta, but it's still a nice victory for Cook. And, I voted for about twenty minutes, so I did my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks