What's new

American Idol - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
The contestant that inpersonated Brittney and the other singer (name escapes me) was actually the best I heard so far. I have to admit the guy at the end didn't really sound so bad, I thought they went over the top with that guy. He didn't deserve that treatment from everybody, I really felt bad for the guy, I thought he actually looked embarassed when they were dancing around him.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
What did he expect wearing all that stuff? Plus, he was 44, so he had to have known that he wasn't going to actually get in.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Didn't know he was 44 years old with no chance of making it, hence I'll retract my comment and state he was obviously looking for his 15 minutes of fame. Sometimes I don't know what's worst, those psycho contestants who seriously think they have a chance or those psycho contestants who do it just for the chance of being seen on t.v.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Yeah but... that song was pretty catchy. In a bad way. I still remember how it goes.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

For me, I don't like the ones who are being goofy on purpose. It's just not funny when someone is trying to be ridiculous. But it absolutely cracks me up when contestants are horrible/goofy and they truly think they are good/normal.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Sometimes I refuse to believe that those people are telling the truth lol, how on Earth could they possibly think they are good singers?

It's especially sad when they say things like "my mom and friends think i'm a really good singer and that I should try out." and then they open their mouth and it's like what the hell were his/her mother and friends thinking by telling him/her that!? :laugh:

They aren't helping them by telling them something like that, in fact I would classify them as enablers lol.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Must agree. One really 'shocking' thing I recall was one contestant who got a 'yes' from Simon, a 'no' from Paula of all people, who usually has the 'lowest standards', so to speak, and a 'yes' from Randy to make it through to the next round!

I cannot remember an instance before this of someone getting by on two votes from Simon and Randy, with Paula voting no. Usually in 2-1 decisions, Paula is always a 'yes', with usually Randy agreeing and Simon the curmudgeon saying 'no', and on rare occasions it's Randy that says no instead.

Typically Simon is the pickiest, and as you can see from contestant reactions they always value a 'yes' from Simon, or in one case even though he didn't make it, in the guy's 'exit interview' he seemed genuinely pleased that at least Simon didn't rag on him.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Did anyone else catch that pretty funny/embarrassing freudian slip by that first guy last night? After being given the boot and he was talking to the camera outside he said (it's explicit so I put it in spoilers) "Simon didn't go down on me that hard, I know he usually goes down hard on people."

I would have worded that differently if I were him. :laugh:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This isn't meant to be funny believe me, it's just a comparison, the only comparison I can think of really, but the guy sounds like a stroke victim when he sings.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He has a pleasant, normal speaking voice. If he wasn't trying to be Blind Willie Johnson, maybe he could sound okay. Or, maybe not.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI: David Archuleta won Star Search at the age of 12 in the young star (whatever it was called) category. It was a bit interesting to see them focus more on his partial vocal cord paralysis than his past accomplishments (plus it felt a bit disingenuous when he was making a big deal about going to Hollywood when he's been there for a nice stretch just 4 years ago). :)

Liked the girl who got 4 yes's.

Irish tattoo girl's got too many gears in her vocal repertoire, and she tries to use them all when she doesn't need to do so.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I've been an AI fanatic since season 2. But I may just skip the auditions and wait til the Hollywood eliminations start. I REALLY struggled to get through last week's shows (which I taped and fast-forwarded through). WAY too many "background stories" for people that didn't deserve it and the "bad" auditions seem to get more "outrageous" (and not in a good way) each season.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I agree with Eric,I record AI and fast forward through the filler and listen to the singers they pass through. I know one thing,I'm tired of hearing the same kind of singers season after season here.Not to say they don't have good voices,they just don't sound unique,I keep wanting to compare them to Carrie Underwood,or Aretha,Gladys Knight,or Blake Lewis,Ruben Studdard,Fantasia,etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks