What's new

American Idol - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Well, I LOVE American Idol, so the longer they "milk" it, the better, in my opinion. I love everything about American Idol, and I even love the audition rounds. I guess it's politically correct to be above them, but admittedly I love them and the psychos they bring out.

Kristy Lee Cook was great, as was Chris, the tall black guy with the tight dreds and light colored eyes. The first shot of him, and I thought, Oh yeah, he can sing. He's the real deal. They're my two favorites thus far, and an honorable mention to Angela Martin. She's very cruise ship, but I hope she makes it far.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I had the same reaction to Slave Leia that Simon had. It was annoying, not amusing. They shouldn't have even given him screen time. The big dude singing to Paula was disturbing as well. I guess you can add "Falk you" and "caulk you" to the new list of words you can't say on TV. "You can prick your finger, but. . . ."

Jordin had recorded an album before last year's competition, so I guess it'll depend on if it is similar to this:

Depends on if Ren-Hen is considered "major." I know that just about anybody can get an album sold through CDBaby. It looks like Ren-Hen only has a stable of four artists, all unknown. Ooh, the fact that Kristy Lee is signed under "Britney Spears' production company, B & L Productions, Inc." sounds problematic.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Add me as a Kristy Lee Cook fan, but I think my favorite was Beth Stalker, who sang "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered."

I normally don't care for the auditions, since they feel too fake. But the "Princess" Leia and Paula stalker were both pretty funny since they didn't even try to hide the fact that they were looking for attention. That definitely makes a difference and actually feels a lot less desperate IMHO, than, say, the blonde glitter girl.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S

That would give the production time to schedule and shoot the intro piece at home, they've already seen an audition for the executives so they know if someone's really good or really bad or has a very interesting story before they even get to the three judges.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was her last name Malloy or Lloyd?

Either way, Katie could prove to be really versatile in the different genres if she makes it to the final 12.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Yeah, after six seasons, these two-hour audition shows really push the limits of my endurance! I know it's all about trying to make for "entertaining" television, but when these audition episodes balloon up over an hour, they are padded with so much filler, it is downright excruciating!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, that's why I'm usually surfing on the net and just have AI on in the background, and just look at the TV when someone actually has a decent sounding voice. There ain't no way I'm plopped on the couch and only staring at the TV during these audition episodes.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i like the audition rounds better then the final rounds.

i really dont have any interest in who wins.

the auditions are just fun to watch.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Maybe it's because I only started on the last audition day of the season last time, but I'm able to enjoy the audition shows. I watched the current pair in their entirety. If you disagree, that's fine. We're brothers forever.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
With the right production, she's a star. Which night was she?

Edit: That's some good stuff. Interesting version of Dream On. I'd buy an album of those songs, which is something I couldn't say about any past Idols. Ooh, the fact that you can get it at Target tells me she might not be seen in Hollywood.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Brooke was on the 1st night (Tuesday) and was the very last contestant after Princess Leia (the hater). Brooke came across as the perfect nanny, but you can tell from her myspace page that she's been in a band, doing Rockstar competitions, and even did a music video, so she's been around the block.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks