What's new

American Idol - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Since I haven't seen this yet (and don't watch idol but will watch this just to see) what did McPhee sing? Too bad the playbook wasn't more open; both Harrison and Ringo have some penned numbers that would be much easier to pelt and provide a new twist on, as something different...

RickGr

Second Unit
Another Lennon/McCartney night next week by popular demand.
WOW!

Will there ever be another band than can even apporach the legend of the Beatles?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I really doubt if public demand had anything to do with it. More like, "We paid a fortune for this and we're going to use it."

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Since they're mining the L/M goldmine again, I would hope some "rocker" goes all out to try "Helter Skelter", which is, as Beatle-peatles all know, a "screaming" song, meant to be, in McCartney's words, "the most loudest, raucous, rock & roll song ever written".

Captain Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Looked like Chikezie either did pick up some voters, or David H. shed a lot of his supporters after his horrendous performance last night.

Anyone else turned off by KLC's peach fuzz on her upper lip?

mylan

Screenwriter
I was screaming that Jason or David A should sing "Yesterday", maybe next week, i'll get my wish (here's hoping)!

mylan

Screenwriter

I'm hoping your wife is not reading your posts;) but I thought the same thing, almost as if we have another "Kellie Pickler prom photo-is that a shadow or not-thing going on".

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Since they are doing it next week, there will be plenty of early hits chosen, I'm sure, but I'd be a bit surprised if something like "Hey Jude" and "Yesterday" etc. didn't make an appearance, but I could be wrong.

Still, since I love the Beatles, I would root for anything (though some numbers would be hard to pull off, a number like "Here Comes the Sun" would be fun; but I'd give bonus points to anyone brave enough to try "You Never Give Me Your Money" or "Fixing a Hole" or hell, with current situations in the world.. I could think of a few dicier numbers ;)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

I'd love to see someone try Fixing a Hole, Helter Skelter, or even Revolution. Happiness is a Warm Gun would be too much to ask. No one would have the guts.

Unless he breaks his pattern, Jason is almost a sure thing to sing Here Comes the Sun, Blackbird or Norwegian Wood.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Hanson...YOU ARE A RIOT!!!!!!! I HAVE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD AT ANY OF YOUR IDOL POSTS UNTIL NOW!!!!! YOU WERE IN RARE FORM THIS WEEK!!!!!! WAY TO GO, BABE!!!!! :D

As for next week's Beatles, Pt. II, how about "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" or "Yellow Submarine" (The reigning Beatle hit at the time of their final U.S. tour in 1966?)? "Octopus Garden" or "I Dig A Pony" or "One After 909" or "Don't Let Me Down" or 'I've Got A Feeling" ? "Another Girl" or "You're Gonna Lose That Girl" as sang by one of the girls? BE DARING, PLEASE!!!!! REALLY TAKE RISKS THERE!!!! :D Or the one #1 L/M song they did NOT record: "A World Without Love". :)

"I'm Down" with Brooke maybe returning to the keyboards to play them with her elbows as John did at Shea Stadium in 1965!!!??? :D

Oh, the possibilities.... :D ;)

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Did everyone notice Sanjaya in the audience tonight, along with his sister? Personally, I was really glad to see him. I always liked him, even if he never lived up to the potential I actually think he had and has.

Also, when Ramiele sang on Tuesday night, they showed her "FAMILY AND BEST FRIEND." Did anyone notice the best friend was Danny Noriega. I like him too.

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator

I'd love to hear someone do Octopus Garden... but I thought they were doing Lennon/McCartney only (no Starkey or Harrison)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks