What's new

American Idol - Season 6 (3 Viewers)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, after all the whining and moaning about how little talent was in Seattle, they have one of the finalists. :D

I don't see Blake beating Jordin, but I guess anything is possible.

Melinda will have a chance to record an album anyway, and she likely won't be strapped to one of the sappy, crappy songs that the finalists always have to perform/record/release.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
What a major disappointment, and further proof as to why today's music sucks! And for those who might not know, Nutbush City is Tina Turner's hometown. I visited there a few years back when I visited Alex Haley's home/final resting place in Henning. It's literally right down the road.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

No, I never did. I listen to classic rock and "legends" music for the most part, so I'm out of the current scene.

I'm switching my support to Blake now. Jordin's a sweet girl, but for some reason I just don't want her to win. I won't be upset if she does, though.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Needless to say, in my opinion "America" got it wrong last night, plain and simple. Melinda Doolittle is the finest singer in the six year history of this show. But I'm not crying any tears for her since she will have a huge career. Ten years from now it will be, "Jordin who?" and, "Blake who?" whereas Melinda will still be going strong.

I, for one, will be buying Melinda's albums on Day One. She's that good. And not saddled with gimmicky song assignments she will only get better as time goes by. Definitely, a woman among boys and girls.

And Hanson, once again, "You da man!" I nearly peed my pants reading this week's summaries. Spot on!

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I did the SAME THING! I figured Ryan was drunk and accidentally spoiled the ending -- as it turned out, she did go home... again.

And thanks for all the compliments from those that like the blog so much. I don't know if Ron realizes that the reason I post so early isn't because I get up at the crack of dawn - it's because I just finished.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This ending is about what I had in mind when we did the top 10 bootoff order contest a few months ago. I never thought Melinda had enough of the youth vote to get the final 2, and she never got any "younger" in her performances, which probably hurt her in the votes department.

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Alright.........I got a serious problem with the people slamming the 2 contestants left just because 'their' favorite contestant got knocked out. Jordin has a DAMN good voice.............and it's only going to get better. Blake may not be everyone's cup of tea(beat-boxing,haters,whatever........) but he has a stage presence, he's not afraid to take chances with songs and arrangements, and he actually has a good time on the stage. Last time I LOOKED, if Melinda had 1/10 of the stage presence that Blake has............if she took some chances here and there, she would be up there. GUESS what? She ISN'T. She has no one to blame for that but herself. I already said a while ago that I'll buy almost anything she does.............so don't give me 'Melinda hater.' But she lacked the charisma to win.....she changes her on-stage persona even a tiny bit, she's in final 2.
Last night was rough...................they each had 3 songs, and each in my opinion won a performance. These people aren't fantasia and Diana DeGarmo.........these 3 will ALL have staying power. Slamming a girl who has a DAMN fine voice at 17!!!!!!! is almost a crime.......she's going to get better. Melinda right now is at the peak of her singing...she has tons of experience. Blake,love him or hate him...............I would go to see a concert of his.............it would be FUN. He['s not the best singer in the world.........but he knows what he has and he doesn't try to overdo too much. He has actual talent.........not as much as the girls,but his stage presence more than makes up for it. Just sick and TIRED of hearing all the moaning about Melinda going...........she was a BACKUP singer for a reason people. Get her more comfortable out on the stage IN FRONT and give her some charisma............she'll be a power. But until and unless Melinda gets the afore mentioned qualities, she will be limited in her popularity; Jordin will surpass her and Blake will also have a chance to surpass what she does. It makes a difference.

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
Wow, I didn't see that coming. I am not unpleased, however. You know all three performers will be releasing albums at some point. I have an idea what I'll hear on Jordin's album. I have a good idea what I'll hear on Blake's album. But what will be on Melinda's album? Last night, Jordin sounded like Jordin, and Blake sounded (and looked, and danced) like Blake. Melinda sounded like Whitney Houston and Tina Turner. What does the real Melinda sound like? Paula said at one point that Melinda can sing anything, and that's true. She is flawless. But for her to be marketable, I think she has to have her own sound, the "Melinda" stamp on each song.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Where the hell did that rant come from? None of the posts above yours and after the results were announced slam anybody, unless you want to count saying, "This is bullshit" as a big slam against Jordin or Blake. By the way, why do you get to slam Melinda?

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Excuse me...........I didn't realize me saying I'd buy almost any album of hers constitutes saying, "Melinda sucks." That's VERY interesting logic there..............you a poli-sci major??:D The 'rant' as you describe it comes from the 'Ten years from now it will be, "Jordin who?" and, "Blake who?" whereas Melinda will still be going strong.' If that's not a slam against the two left, what isn't? "Melinda's career will rock, while those other 2 will be forgotten.Uh-huh.:rolleyes
Let's also realize 1 thing..........every word I said about Melinda...........her presence(or lack thereof), her charisma(same), and her willingness to take risks all contributed to the fact she is no longer on AI as of tonight. She is a very good singer.....who has been a back-up for a REASON and needed to step outside her bounds to win AI. ONCE again, she has 1/10 the stage presence that Blake has, she's still there after tonight and we're just wondering how impressively she's going to win next week. Case closed.

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
You REALLY need to look up the definition of the word "Constitute.":D Even so, Melinda is still gone................and ALL 3 will have good careers.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's clear that this show isn't for me, I thought this show was supposed to find the best singer and performer (and NO ONE will convince me that Melinda didn't have stage presance...EVER) and it's clear that that isn't the case because the best singer was eliminated last night.

I don't care if Blake wins this or not, he will never be the singer that Melinda is, and let's not kid ourselves, Blake is still there for one reason and one reason only and it's got very little to nothing to do with his singing...the teenage girls around the country thinks he's cute (AHHHHH...CRY...SWOON...WE LOVE YOU BLAKE!!!!). :rolleyes:

His performances didn't even come close to Melinda's, they were good but nowhere near as great as Melinda's, but did it matter to the voters? Nope.

If he wins this over Jordin this will be the last season I watch of this popularity contest disguised as a "serious" competition to find fresh talent. Sure Melinda will get a contract and have a carreer but she should have taken this thing all the way.

Rant over, flame me if you wish but the NyQuil is wearing off, my throat is killing me and i'm pissed that Melinda went home.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
As the author of the "Ten years from now, 'Jordin who?' and 'Blake who?' " quotes let me make it perfectly clear that at no point did I say that any of the top three weren't very good entertainers nor should that be implied by my words. I simply was offering my opinion that to me Melinda has the type of voice that should have staying power once the novelty of American Idol and all the hype wears off. As far as I'm concerned Melinda has a much broader appeal than the other two (and much more versatility) which will probably translate into lasting power. Yes, both Blake and Jordin do what they do very well but they clearly are more specialized than Melinda who, admittedly, has been in the business much longer than them. And at 17, Jordin still has a lot of potential so further growth is a distinct possibility but not a certainty since a lot can happen in the next 10 years.

In my opinion, after watching each of them sing about 20 songs each, Melinda is clearly the superior singer of the bunch. Idols come and go at the whim of the public - good singers tend to stick around. And in that regard, perhaps Melinda isn't an American "Idol" (although Simon keeps insisting that this is a singing contest - which might not really be the case where things are put up to a vote). But she truly is an American "Singer."

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
The competition is about who sings the best, sure. But it's also about marketability. Melinda is so versatile, I'm not sure what her market is exactly. She has a great voice and I'll buy her album. But I voted more for Jordin and Blake throughout the competition, because of the risks they took, the sheer excitement they generated, the Yo factor if I may. I want a 17-year-old girl who can send chills down my spine with her raw talent, but maybe isn't flawless and can screw up once in a while, to win. I want a guy who uses Ableton Live to come up with fresh arrangements of classic '80s rock songs and dance and beat box his way through them to win. Jordin and Blake exude personality, and I've been pulling for these two for quite a few weeks. Head-to-head I think Blake wins on sheer showmanship, but Jordin wins on vocal talent. I'll be happy no matter how this season turns out.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well, I got the news here first this morning.

This season of American Idol just ended for me last night.

I'm no longer interested. No longer watching till next year.

American got it VERY WRONG last night. I'm in complete shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks