What's new

American Idol - Season 5 (2 Viewers)

danak

Second Unit
Taylor, Ace, and Ryan Seacrest will be in People Magazine's Hottest Bachelors issue this coming week. Taylor is on the cover and has a feature article. Taylor has also signed with Ford (the car/truck company) to do a series of commercials, that will debut tomorrow. Entertainment Tonight covers that on their show tonight (Wed). His single Do I Make You Proud was released yesterday (with Taking It To the Streets on it as well) and appears to currently be #17 on the Adult Contemporary Chart. The current estimate for the first week of sales for the single appears to be 150,000, but I'm not entirely sure if that number is for the first day or the entire week. Carrie Underwood's first week's sales were about 168,000 so he might just beat that.

Update: Oops, it appears the Ford commercial is just one commercial that will be played several times. He sings and dances in it, promoting Ford's year end clearance sale.

Katharine will be on the cover of Teen People next month. She had a meeting with Steven Spielberg recently. It was a "get to know you" type meeting and no specific projects were discussed but they talked about perhaps doing something in the future. She is in talks with a couple of cosmetic companies about doing an endorsement and is thinking about which one to go with (a rumor has her talking to Maybelline). She was in New York today at the christening of a new Princess Cruises ship with Martha Stewart and sang a couple of songs. She was set to jet back to Los Angeles afterwards to perform in the JCPenny Jam concert for kids (produced by David Foster) tonight at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. The word was that she would be doing a number with Andrea Bocelli. The concert will be shown on CBS on August 22nd with the likelihood of a DVD being made available as well.

Chris Daughtrey's cameo on the MTV Music Awards was supposedly filmed right after he was eliminated from Idol

Dana

danak

Second Unit
Katharine talks about her 5 year battle with bulimia and how she got help for it after her audition in next week's issue of People, on sale Friday. She also talks to Teen People about it for next month's issue, on sale June 30th. You can see excerpts from the People article on, among other places, People.com MTV.com and ABCNews.com and excerpts from the Teen People article on Teenpeople.com and CNN.com

According to the People excerpt on People.com her dad is 57 and her mom is 52.

I was floored when I heard about the bulimia yesterday in blogs and on the entertainment news programs. Though I guess there were clues in her behavior and her comments if you listened closely, along with what she said in interviews, especially in the Top 2 interview with the press (among other things, she said she had past issues with food and weight and had seen a nutritionist before the show started)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just caught Taylor's appearance on the Tonight Show with Leno. Kevin Spacey was also on the show, and Taylor was very complimentary of Spacey's biopic of Bobby Darin "Beyond The Sea" and came off as a very likable guy. They also showed Spacey's opening monologue on SNL when he was poking a little fun at the AI judges, having Taylor there watching it made it more funny. Taylor finished out the show with "Do I Make You Proud" which is still a snoozy number, I'm sure he'll be glad when they release a different song so he doesn't have to sing the first single as much anymore.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I saw AMERICAN IDOL live last night in Hartford. I've got a review on my blog (link in my sig) but it was actually fairly entertaining. Highlight was probably Taylor singing "Hollywood Nights". But surprisingly, Ace and Paris, neither of which I liked on the show, were very entertaining. A lot of poor song choices by the top four though.

Kat wasn't there though. The sign said she was "sick" but who knows, as she has been in hiding since the People magazine article. Disappointed as she was my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks