What's new

American Idol - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

1. Taylor looked tired and a tad bored
2. Kat looked excited with the attention but unsure of where the camera was
3. Randy worked Simon over since he was not there - cheater.
4. Paula called in, fawned over the two and sounded like she was half asleep
5. Ryan seemed to really like the pilots seat
6. Larry should not fear his job

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Opie and Anthony ragged all over that moment during their
morning show last Thursday saying that Hasselshoff had so
may facelifts that he couldn't muster the proper expression
on his face to match the flowing tears.

Certainly one of the oddest moments of the show.

danak

Second Unit
More about Kat and Taylor on Larry King:
- They both seemed pretty exhausted as they had had little sleep with all the press they had to do after the finale
- Kat seemed to talk more as Ryan seemed to direct more questions to her, but Taylor didn't seem to mind as he was probably pretty tired
- The "Time of Your Life" duet on Wed almost got cut from the show at the last minute. No reason given
- Both Kat and Taylor seemed to zone out when Ryan talked to Randy about Mariah Carey
- Randy fawned over both of them, saying they were both favorites of his. He also said how unique they both were, with Kat being unique because she was their first strong contestant from Los Angeles. He mentioned how jaded the big cities are and that's why the show tries to avoid them
- When asked by a caller how the Idol process changed them, Taylor said he became a better vocalist. He learned how to control his voice and not sing so hard
- Taylor knew he had a uphill battle to climb. If Simon did anything all season, it was to drive him all the more to succeed
- Taylor joked that during the fireworks that went off while he was singing after his win, that a flaming piece of confetti came shooting past his head and there was almost a Michael Jackson moment
- A caller asked Katharine if she was a Scientologist. She said she wasn't. She was dating a guy a year ago and was totally into him and being young, she took a couple of courses. Her name was then put on the internet and so everybody thought she was a Scientologist. She's no longer affiliated with Scientology

Dana

The transcript is available (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...26/lkl.01.html) but watching it is better.

danak

Second Unit
According to various sources, including the New York Post (http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/...ment/66723.htm), the American Idol Summer Tour is shaping up to be a huge hit. Some 20 new dates were added last week and some cities were reporting complete sell-outs within a few hours. Various music trades are saying that if ticket sales continue at this pace, the 59-date Idol tour could swamp the summer tour business in the same way the TV show has primetime TV. The tour is set to begin July 5 in Manchester, NH and end in late September in Wilkes Barre, PA

I'm so glad I got my ticket for D.C in late July. I can't wait

American Idol broke several of its own records this year, including the number of text votes they received. According to Cingular Wireless (http://sev.prnewswire.com/telecommun...5052006-1.html), they recorded more than 64.5 million text messages throughout the show's season, breaking last year's record of 41.5 million text messages. Text messages include votes, trivia, sweepstakes entries, TXT chats, fan club and vote number reminder

Dana

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Danak:

I can recommend a great 12-step program to help you through the next few weeks...I can only imagine how tough they will be. The first step is admitting to yourself that you have a problem...begin by stating "My name is Danak and I am additcted to American Idol"...

www.IdolAddictsAnonymous.com

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ron,

I think that next season they should make Chuck Barris the 4th judge and make use of the gong. That would ROCK!!! :) How many times this season did we all wish that someone would get the gong?

Seriously!

danak

Second Unit
EricSchulz,
I hope you aren't making fun of me. I'm a sensitive soul ;)

Katharine McPhee said on a Fox News interview this morning that "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" will be on the B-side of her single (apparently instead of "Think") when it's released ("My Destiny" will be on the A-side)

An Andrea Bocelli website (http://www.bocellionline.com/) is reporting that Katharine will be touring with Bocelli on his June tour. I've read elsewhere (unconfirmed) that she will be performing with him on June 9, 10, and 11 in Sacramento, San Jose, and The Hollywood Bowl

Taylor Hicks will be on Fox News' Dayside at 1pm Eastern on Wednesday

Dana

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The very last Separated at Birth updates for the season. I hope you guy remember who the contestants were.

For Rain, DOUBLE Wolf Man:

A couple of samples:

7 updates in all, plus an extras page. BTW, thanks to someone (I've forgotten who it was exactly :frowning: ) for the Madame/Katharine connection. I finally got to use it!

http://home.comcast.net/~hanson68

RickGr

Second Unit
You cannot say anything negative about the marketing of AI and the "idols"
The tour is selling out across the country, outselling many of the established artists that are on tour this summer. Basically a group of karaoke singers are outselling major recording artists. What does that say about the masses tastes in music OR about the marketing of AI?

danak

Second Unit
That possibly AI's marketing and/or being on TV seen by millions made these contestants seem more likeable and attainable than some distant recording artist? Plus, anything new is exciting.

Dana

danak

Second Unit
Taylor Hicks has signed the record contract that came with winning. He signed a pact with music mogul Clive Davis in conjunction with 19 Recordings Unlimited, the label managed by AI creator Simon Fuller. His single "Do I Make You Proud" combined with "Takin' It To the Streets" on the B-side will be released in stores and through digital outlets June 13. His album is expected to be released later this year.

Dana

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
he doesnt have a choice, it IS part of the deal.

this is just a statement letting us know he has signed it.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
"Do I Make You Proud" has been getting a lot of airplay on the radio station which is on at work. (I personally listen to the Classic Rock station.) It's a song that really grows on you, and I've enjoyed seeing Taylor sing it on various TV shows this past week.

danak

Second Unit
I liked the way Taylor sang "Takin' It To the Streets" on The Today Show, especially when he played some harmonica towards the end. One of the things I like about Taylor is that he seems to sing the same song a different way every time he sings live

According to Yahoo.com (http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060601/nyth150.html?.v=47), Katharine will be making a special guest appearance at Andrea Bocelli's 3 West Coast concerts - June 9 in Sacramento, June 10 in San Jose, and June 11 in Los Angeles

Dana

MikeM

Screenwriter
I saw the very end of Live with Kelly & Regis this morning, and Elliott Yamin was on. I literally saw only the last 10 seconds or so, but when he stood up to hug Kelly Rippa, I swear, she was taller than him. It was really odd. I had no idea he was that tiny! Kelly must be about 5' and 95 lbs, and she was taller and seemed heavier than him....wow.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Chris Daughtry's "Wanted Dead or Alive" debuts at #43 on the new Billboard Hot 100 this week.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My jaw dropped when I saw Chris Daughtry on the MTV Movie Awards show in a short segment spoofing the Davinci Code (singing "You had a bad day" along with a few others).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks