What's new

American Idol - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone paraphrase what Katharine said? I figured I'd read about the results today. When I heard my True Love was in the bottom 3, I about cried! I'm a bit bummed I missed the show as bottom 3 means more camera time for Katharine!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson

She's got a little pooch that's casting that shadow. I think it's a bit too high to be what you think it is. If it gets that high, it's usually wider:D

mylan

Screenwriter
Ok, once and for all, after repeated inspections (thanks Hanson for that official moniker:D ) if you look at that photo, there is a natural curvature of the stomach which angles outward as to just create a SHADOW under her belly.
It is too perfect a shape to be anything else....either that or she is one of the most unkept 17yr olds that I can ever remember seeing, also it would be too high up to be anything else.
Ok, now back to the wholesome forum topic, which is American Idol:b

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Disagree, it is a shadow...

I commented earlier that although Kellie is 19, IMHO she already looks 26. That prom photo says it's from 2003, when she was around 16 or 17, and even in that photo she looks 26. Yowza!

With country next week, it's a fair bet that Bucky will survive again. His demographic must be those who like a male country singer, a good 'ole boy. He has no competition in that demographic, so even if it's a small fan base, it's an undivided one. Unlike Lisa's, who overlapped completely with Paris and a fair bit with Mandisa. Katharine's poor showing surprised me, though, even though she wasn't great, I would've thought that her support doesn't overlap as much with Lisa's, Paris's and Mandisa's. This should, however, energise her base and keep her safe for the next few weeks, which overall merit suggests is about correct anyway.

Again, country week should draw country fans, and if Kellie and Bucky perform as they should in their favoured genre, the prime target next week for elimination is probably Ace, or any of the others who stumbles badly. I think Taylor should have no trouble handling country, Chris will no doubt find a reasonably "rock-y" country song to do (heck, Sweet Home Alabama would work for him I think, it did for Bo Bice -- but does Southern Rock pass for country?) Girls like Katharine, Paris and Mandisa should be able to find a suitable Shania Twain, Faith Hill or Trisha Yearwood ballad to do. If anything, one guy I think might struggle is Elliot. As an aside, Chicken Little would've died trying to do country, but he's already gone.

I'm wondering why they've taken so long to come up with one of the really narrow genres? I mean, "50s songs", although from a long time ago, covers 10 years' worth of very different songs in all genres, with numerous modern re-interpretations to use as well (how else would Chris have managed to survive?), 21st Century is even worse in that respect, whilst Stevie Wonder's output (and covers therefrom) has been so prodigious that again it's fairly broad. Genres like country, big-band (how on earth will Chris do that???), disco (again, Chris???) or soul are more limiting, and therefore difficult.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Medically speaking, I think the object of discussion is the shadow from the 'mons veneris.'

That looks like a stripper outfit, not a prom dress. I can't believe a parent or school supervisor would allow that to be worn at a high school prom dance.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson

The mons veneris, or Mound of Venus is what's under what we're seeing if it's not a shadow like Aaron thinks. I don't know what the scientific term is for the pooch under the belly that's part of the girdle of fat that includes the love handles, so let's just say it's a fat girdle.

Four new separated at birth updates:

http://home.comcast.net/~hanson68

Here are two of them:

BTW, if you're a really big Katherine fan, you may not like one of the new ones. It's not over the top or anything, it's just that if you're on love with her, you may get defensive.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Mons shmons -- if that's the shadow of her tummy, then why aren't there matching shadows on the undersides of her other curvaceous areas? She's in natural sunlight -- it doesn't add up.

Fuggedaboutit!!! :D

Hanson, my man, you should've posted that new Katherine photo here. Brilliant, as always!

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Have you guys thinking it is more than just shadow and coincidental camera angle actually ever seen a girl naked?

mylan

Screenwriter
:laugh:
You can think it looks like something else if your imagination is strong, apparently.
Chuck B: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: All I want is more photos delivered to my e-mail immediatly! Where did you get that??

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I was thinking, "What kind of parents would let this girl out in public... oh, oops... nevermind".

Phil_L

Second Unit
I love Ryan and Simon's relationship almost as much as the show itself. Simon's comment to Ryan to "lose the beard" was great! Poor Teri Hatcher.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Is it me, or does Kenny Rogers look much different after his weight loss? He was on Nashville Star last week, and now on AI tonight, I guess it helps to pimp his new album that's either out now, or about to drop.

Oh, yeah, wikipedia called, and they don't want Kenny Rogers defining "enunciate" ever again.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
When Kenny Roger's said that Ace sings from the heart.... first thing I thought was, " I think he sings from a place a bit lower than the heart!"

TOnight was bad....Pickler was in her element, but I hate country music for the most part so I was bored to tears.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How many times did Paula disagree with Randy, had to be a new record, but she seemed to be a bit loopy/slurry at times, or just disinterested in being there tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks