What's new

American Idol Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
I believe I was able to hear Baby Face's thoughts last night during his song. I believe he was thinking "If I am such a good singer & producer, how'd I get stuck singing with these two?"

And Jessica, put a shirt on. Come on!

Peace,

DM

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Don't be hating on Billy Preston. He's been playing music since he was a pre-teen in the mid-late 50s with folks like Mahalia Jackson, Sam Cooke, and the Beatles, and he's still going stronger than just about anyone else on that stage last night. He was also one of two musical guests on the very first airing of Saturday Night Live. More recently he played on Jet's "Get Born" album. I would say he is a "spry" 58 years old. :)

I was impressed by George Benson's guitar work, too.

I was amused how Babyface seemed to be simulatneously trying to keep Mikalah at arm's length and coax Lindsey to be a bit more extroverted during their performance.

Regards,

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

That "old dude" was Billy Preston and Vonzell should be honored to be in his presence. He has proobably experienced more real world fantasies than any other on that stage last night.

Some info:

Billy Preston is a song writer, performer, session man and the only person to play with both the Beatles and Rolling Stones.

His accomplishments are highlighted by a string of hits, including collaborating with some of the most celebrated names in the music industry, The Rolling Stones, Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, The Jackson Five, Sly and the Family Stone, Barbara Streisand, Sammy Davis Jr., Quincy Jones and perhaps the most famous of all, The Beatles.

Billy's relationship with The Beatles led to his signing with Apple Records in the 60's. Billy is widely acknowledged as the "Fifth Beatle" having been the only party to ever hand his name included in the label credits of the "Let It Be" and the "Abbey Road" albums as well as the landmark "White Album".

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Was it just me, or did anyone think that George Benson could've been a result of "If They Mated: Nikko Smith and Scott Savol"?

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Thinking that Vonzell sitting on his piano is Billy Preston's fantasy is just hilarious, since it only points out that you're about as clueless as 20-year-old Idol contestants trying to pick Broadway musical songs.

Aside from the disaster that was the remote sites last night (and you can hardly blame either Ryan or Simon for those), I really enjoyed that finale. It was actually very funny the way they brought back some of the really bad contestants from the audition and the whole David Hasselhoff thing was just hilarious. By the way, Simon was right, LaToya did look drunk last night.

The Corey Clark spoof was quite good, very funny and I guess shows that Paula's job is safe. I wonder how Corey is feeling after that. LOL!

Evan M

Second Unit

I agree! I was laughing my butt off on that one. They played it up a little much trying to drag out the 2 hour special... but, aside from that annoyance, the actual skit was quite funny.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Randy dressed up as his parents slamming his own song was pretty good.
Mom: "This is terrible, just terrible!"
Investigator: "You mean the whole secret love affair scandal?"
Mom: "No, this rap song. I mean, it is terrible!"

And the "I don't have a clue" category goes to the blonde wearing the exposed belly shirt. She is attractive enough, but her body does not have the curves to pull it off and she instead just looked trashy and in denial.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
My favorite part of the night was Babyface. Man that was classic. I was laughing my ass off watching him sing with those horrible singers. What he must have been thinking at that moment...

Personally I think Bo is better off this way since he doesn't have to perform idol songs his whole life. Although it's going to be hard for him to make it without the support from all these labels we have at the HTF.;)

I am fine with Carrie winning since it was almost a given from day 1. My prediction is Carrie will become a big country music star, but thats not saying much. Sorry, cheap jab at country. :D

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Lindsey is better than Mikalah (who isn't?) but I think they are the bottom two of the group. It's all relative though. Carrie even sounded ho hum when she was singing next to a professional.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

Well, they have had access to the voting #s all season...perhaps it wasn't as close as they'd like us to think.

I thought that while incredibly cheesy, this was a fun show to watch. I appreciate that AI doesn't take itself too seriously. And I loved the little boy in Alabama who asked him why he uses reverse psychology...I almost lost it during that exchange...

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Well it's official, Corey Clark isn't happy:

from Foxnews.com

NEW YORK — Bo Bice might have lost out to Carrie Underwood on the "American Idol" finale, but the one who's really upset is Corey Clark (search).

Clark, the former contestant who says he had an affair with judge Paula Abdul (search) during the 2003 competition, didn't like the skit making light of the situation. On Wednesday night's show, TV newsman Steve Edwards presented a satirical report entitled "Bad Judgment" that purported to reveal judge Simon Cowell's (search) "secret relationship."

The twist, though, was that the self-centered Cowell was all along in love with himself.

"We're reminded once again last night in front of millions of viewers that not only are they not taking it seriously, but they don't feel as though we should take it seriously," Clark's spokesman, Jed Wallace, told AP Radio on Thursday.

"It's simply baffling to me that FOX would actually resurrect this controversy by doing something like that," said Wallace, calling it a "slap in the face."

Clark responded similarly after Abdul made a comedic appearance on "Saturday Night Live" earlier this month. Afterward, he announced that he had "explicit" and "incriminating" evidence of their alleged affair.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

I never thought I'd see the phrases "Corey Clark" and "winner" used in the same sentence!

:laugh: :laugh:

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Carrie was on Leno last night for just an interview. She's a really sweet girl and quite naive. Matt Lauer said he stopped by her dressing room to say hi, and she didn't know who he was. She mentioned how when they went on a tour of Hollywood and were taking pictures, Seacrest asked her if she had taken any of stars, and she replied that it was too cloudy.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks