What's new

American Idol Season 4 (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I'll admit, I was a bit disappointed when Carrie was announced to be the winner. It would've been nice to see Bo win the title, but he'll be successful anyways.

Carl_G

Stunt Coordinator
OK, so let's tick off the great moments....

Cheesecrest asking "May I have the envelope please" while he was holding it in his hand.

Pseudo choir backup girls standing too close and having to the star and having to look around for their marks.

Bo damn near missing the start of his song.

Cheesecrest splitting up Bo and Carrie's hand holding.

Some old dude having the fantasy of his life while VonziebabyVpimpdaddysgirl sat on his piano.

Constantine again reminding us why he did not win.

Cheescrest and Simon's trainwreck of hosting a remote city feed.

Could that have been any worse? And who the hell puts Kenny G up on stage anymore?

hurl on...

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
Every single year that I watch this show, the one that wins is the one I didn't want to win. I'm really tired of the same recycled voices that we get on American radio. Too bad Bo didn't win.

BOOO!!!

:thumbsdown:

Carl_G

Stunt Coordinator
Look at it this way, dude.

Now we can look forward to Bo releasing something that fits him. Can you really imagine his first single being that crap in-yer-heaven song?!? Silver lining, dude, it's cool man.

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator

Good point. I really think he needs to push his new single out quick before the whole thing fades from memory, kinda like Clay Aiken did. Bo is really the first Idol contestant that I've seen that actually seems different in a good way. :emoji_thumbsup:

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
All I could think was "Bo's already won. He got to sing with Skynard. It probably don't get any better than that!"

I really thought Carrie was awful last night. Off pitch most of the songs. Really not that great.

And, of course, Bo blows the doors off of Vehicle.

But, the country has spoken.

At least, that's what the germans want us to think! (Thanks, Mr. Hasselhoff!)

JayMacey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
kyle m
or maybe the "labels" we represent have different divisions within them, some having nothing to do with pop music.

Also, Idol doesn't necessarily equal sales, as you seem to think. Should I remind you of Justin Guarini & Diana Degarmo? As I said, Bo wouldn't win, he didn't win & he didn't deserve to win. I wouldn't sign him. He reminds me of a 40 year old bar singer, which, he was (except he's 29).

-----------------------------------------------------------I guess this explains why Clive Davis is so unsuccessful in this industry since not only would he give Bo "the time of day" but he would also record him.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Jed, True dat! For those industry "insiders" to make the assertions you quoted in the face of a sure bet fortune being made from the instant audience factor AI affords just baffles the mind. Maybe the "labels" they represent aren't all that...
--------------------------

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
The only real question now is, can Bo write? Can he find a band that goes with him? And, how long is he stuck recording AI stuff and touring with them?

Because, if the answers to 1 and 2 are 'yes', then once he is done with AI he can use his popularity to get a real album made. I'd be interested to hear that. Of course, the answer to #1 is the most important.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
America picked the correct winner! That was the most seriously padded episode of Idol, but I have to say I loved the show's answer to Corey Clark. Randy singing and then pulling open his shirt to reveal 'Buy My CD' was priceless and so was Simon whispering sweet nothings to himself in the mirror. :emoji_thumbsup:

paul_v

Second Unit
Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread, but it seems like the American Idol producers predicted the winner weeks ago. If you look at the track listing of the AI CDs that have songs performed by the top 12, the first track is sung by the winner. These CDs were released before the final. Just go to amazon.com and look at the track listings. The singers are almost in perfect order from when they were eliminated.

Season 1 CD : Kelly Clarkson sings the first and second songs. Justin sings the next two.

Season 2 CD : The first two tracks are all the finalists. Track three Ruben sings and track 4 Clay Aiken sings.

Season 3 CD : Fantasia sings the first track. George Huff sings the second. Diana Demargo sings the third. Diana ended up in second place though.

Season 4 CD : Carrie Underwood sings the first track. Bo sings the second track.

I dont think four CDs having the winner singing the first solo track is pure coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks