What's new

American Idol Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I agree that the show is manufactured but I don't care. Its a talent competition, not a reality show. After the auditions are finished, I believe the singing and competition is real and thats all that matters to me. As far as the singing during the auditions I would predict the majority of bad singers are acting.

Phil_L

Second Unit

Amen. But part of me wanted to believe, despite my better judgment, that all the bad singers were legit. Still love the show, it's too awful not to love. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe the Freddie Mercury wannabe made it through.

Glad one of the twins didn't make it, he wasn't that good, and I could care less about the boy band style of singing anyway.

The chick in the skimpy outfit couldn't sing in tune, she should not have been sent to Hollywood.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit

I used to see Ivan in a Karaoke bar in Walnut Creek, CA all the time two years ago. He's actually not bad but he can't win. He usually hams in up the bar which adds a little personality to his song. He sings Somebody To Love better than We Are The Champions, which he did tonite. So Simon was right, he's pretty much a professional karaoke singer. And Ivan admitted it in the post audition interview.

I think I've only heard him do Freddie Mercury songs so it'll be interesting when he has to sing something else.

I thought the girl in the fishnet outfit was a stripper. I was ready to pull out my wallet and get a lap dance.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Can anyone explain to me how "slut" girl made it through with only 2 out of 4 'yes' votes, but everyone else has to have 3 out of 4?

Chris

danak

Second Unit
Chris,

That confused me as well. It's possible that one of the "No" judges changed their mind but we didn't see that. Later, there was another tie and we saw that Randy changed his vote to "Yes".

"Slut" girl really surprised me. Given that her speaking voice was really grating, I thought she would be a terrible singer, but she was actually pretty good.

Dana

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Apparently the rapping nanny has been on Comedy Central before. I found this on another site...

Is anything legit on Idol anymore or is it just people trying to get their show biz break because they know the show has a huge following?

The show was actually on AMC channel and is on hiatus now.

That guy was in Space Cowboys. He was the birthday boy who took the plane ride from Tommy Lee Jones and ended up yakking on himself.

Phil_L

Second Unit

She was a trainwreck and she won't last in Hollywood. ICK.

Overall, this week was impressive. The blue-haired Phantom girl was great and I am glad she went through. They seemed to genuinely take substance over style with a good deal of the people they let through to Hollywood this week.

Soooooo glad that other twin guy didn't get through. Simon was right, it smelled of desperation. That urban trendy white boy thing doesn't work for me.

Rutgar

Second Unit

Simmons as a guest judge was stupid, period. Let's face it, Kiss isn't exactly known for their "great singing", and talent.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

And he's also Traded Spaces during one of their L.A. episodes. He was billed as a celeb in that ep. I didn't recognize him on AI until reading this thread because of the glasses, (wasn't he also the DiGiorno Delivery guy in their sweepstakes commercials?) but I did think to myself he looked vaguely familiar.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit

If we knew, wouldn't you think the FOX folks knew? I mean, they are in the TV business. I'm pretty confident they knew and just put him in for comic relief. He looked familiar to me as soon as he got on camera.

James T

Screenwriter

That line made me laugh for the longest time. I rarely watch American Idol, but if he makes it any further, I'll tune in to see what else he has to say.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
i'm just waiting for the day that Paula kicks the ever living crap out of Simon.
I"m hoping the farm girl and the kid with glasses that was told he'd never talk will go a long way their pretty good, I for the life of me can't remember their names right now though.

Evan M

Second Unit
The farm girl still wasn't super impressive, but definitely good enough to go through.

The kid with the "never speak again" story blows me away every time... I think he has serious potential to win this thing.... he does an excellent job of varying his volume, has a pure tone, a good look, and a great story ... and he didn't show any sign of nerves that i could see, even in this much more high pressure round of the auditions.

RickGr

Second Unit
They just do not show enough of the contestants riding a bus or walking on the beach. Thats what we all want to see, not people singing. F-I-L-L-E-R

RickGr

Second Unit
And what about the girl that could not find a taxi or shuttle or even get help about getting back to the theater for her audition. Both my wife and myself said "why don't she ask the cameraman?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks