What's new

American Idol - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike

Huh? TOP three?

JPL is awful. I have a musical background. Maybe I'm one of the few that hears JPL sing and cringes because he's hideously off-key.

How in God's name does this guy have a following? He's uncomfortable on stage, he can't sing, he doesn't look like he's having a good time, and yet people vote for him. I could understand the Marine last season, but I'm completely and utterly baffled by JPL's following.

Mike

DaveMcS

Second Unit

omg...
I said the same thing to my wife as we watched it too!

"We're gonna keep on, keep on, keep on singing and dancing all through the night.
Keep on, keep on, keep on doing it right.
We're gonna keep on, keep on , keep on moving,
We're gonna keep on, keep on, keep on grooving.
Keep on singing and dancing all through the night. "

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Brandon wasn't saying they deserved to be in the top three, he was just speculating on the horrible yet plausible scenario that the fan base for the John's could be big enough to place them in the top three. Brandon and most people with two properly functioning ears would not say that this is the way it should be. :)

Oh, and for the record, I think JPL was substantially worse than John Stevens Tuesday night and could not understand why he did not get an equally severe assessment from the judges. They were both pretty awful.

Regards,

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
The Big Red machine keeps rolling. He is bulletproof. to actually think he could have sacrificed Jasmine or Diana for his ineptness is sad really.

Now the force of Hawaii can be focused directly on Jasmine as they take on the legions of JPL and Big Red. Latoyas fans woke up and gave her the support she needs. George and Jenifer got there on performance as well, the top 3 vote getters were also the best of the night, a good sign. One thing is for sure, all the fans of those were eliminated will not be voting for JPL and Stevens, so there time may be ending soon. it's Fantasia who needs a wakeup call, her fan base is not particularly rabid.

Tamyra's song was pretty good, and I was impressed that she wrote most of the songs on her own album, she may have been lucky to avoid the American Idol curse and be stuck with cookie cutter songs and production. She may wind up the in the best place of all, in total control of her own career.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Anyone think that after the votes were totalled, the producers thought this might be a good ego check for Fantasia? Showing her that her current peers in this competition are the Johns and not the Elite Three (assuming Latoya and friends were the Top 3).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tentatively speaking, it appears that in 2 weeks, it'll be Barry Manilow night on AI, as the producers asked if Manilow would hang out for a few hours with the contestants, and Manilow offered to hang with them for the entire week preceding the 4/20/04 show.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor

I'm not sure what you want him to do. Evidently people are just voting for him. He looks just as surprised as the rest of us.

Peace,

DM

Michael J K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I thought that "Big Red" actually did an ok job with his part of Daniel last night. He should have done that song on Tuesday instead of Crocodile Rock. Mind you, that was just from one short verse of the song, so he may have stunk up the rest of the song just as bad as usual.

JPL in the studio doing whatever song for their album was awful as well. Thank god for Pro Tools!

As far as Fantasia, I really can't stand her. She doesn't have a humble bone in her body, at least not that she has shown. Way too cocky, but will probably end up winning it all.

The group performances are still better than those painfully pathetic "commercials" they do. I can't change the channel fast enough when those come on!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

The combination of those stomach-turning video segments and the awful performances killed my interest in watching the show.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I hope Tarantino doesn't fellate these kids like most celebrity judges (and Paula Abdul) does constantly.

During the group performance, I was thinking that the best move might be to stick LaToya, Jennifer and Fantasia in a girl group after everythings all done.

And that AI Team commercial was possibly the most retarded thing I've seen--but I'm also thinking those commercials is REALLY what's keeping the Jon's in the comp: In almost EVERY comp, both of them end up doing something completely outside of their performing persona, and I think it's endearing them to a lot of people.

And JPL, when he first started singing Daniel, actually sounded decent. Granted, it was more of a Elton John impersonation than his own voice, but still, it was the first time he's EVER sounded decent to me.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Despite her obvious talent, I really find Fantasia unappealing, due to her personality on the show.

Cocky and arrogant, and seemingly unable to take any negativity without making some comeback, I think she's forgetting that America is not going to give the title to someone they don't like, no matter how well she sings.

LaToya outclasses her and along with George, remain my tips for the top.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I'm just guessing but I bet Elton John's schedule suddenly became open. This could explain why George didn't know his song at the rehearsal.

I guess I can only imagine what a prodigous talent like Amy's would have done with Elton John. *sigh* :frowning:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson

If Simon said that, I'm sure it wasn't a testament to his talent - more his lack of confidence in the American public choosing the right person.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
When Simon told JPL he needs to take some voice lessons, JPL looked offended, but it was actually a compliment. Simon has implied here and there that JPL has a decent voice to work with -- if he didn't think so, he'd feel lessons were useless.

And Elton John said JPL has a "really, really, really good voice". 3 "really"s. ;)

No, I'm not one of those teenage girls voting for JPL (I'm staunchly behind LaToya). However, I also think JPL has flashes when you can tell he has a good voice. It's just that he doesn't seem serious about this competition, and he gets distracted by those stupid dances. When he began "Rocket Man" sitting down, it sounded decent -- as soon as he got off the stool, he got off key.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Someone mentioned that they need to change the way the voting occurs. Instead of voting who you want to stay, and avoiding dialing for 3-4 different people, we should just vote for who we want booted off.

"If you want to boot Camile from the show please dial 1-866-IDOLS-01. The phone lines are not open till after the show"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks