What's new

American Idol - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I honestly think Red's taking a dive. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but looking at his reactions last week, he looked REALLY troubled that he wasn't in the bottom three. And when he got the reviews back, he actually BRIGHTENED UP. He was pleased to be crapped on. I'm starting to think he doesn't want to be here anymore, he doesn't want to win just because some kids in his high school and their grandparents in the old folks home clogged up the phone line. I think it's weighing on him that Amy Adams, Latoya London and Jennifer Hudson all hit bottom three last week when he knows he shouldn't even be in the comp by all rights.

Anyway, my weird little analysis out of the way, what I thought of the show?

It's starting to look really obvious that the final 5 should be George, Fantasia, Jasmine, LaToya and Jennifer. They need to kick off more than one a week. Just kick off everyone in the bottom three this week and keep those 5. THEN it'll be a show. As it is, it's too much wading through the leftovers to get to the good stuff.

And I couldn't tell that Diana sounded nasally, because she ALWAYS sounds like that. Camille sings every song like she's singing Real Love by Mary J. Blige, and it just don't work. I don't know how much Jon Lewis had to pay Elton to say he could be in the finals, because he has tone like I've got millions.

Side note: I work at a call center. Guess how much I have.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

(a) Ah. I didn't watch last season after the auditions.
(b) So it really was an Elton John night. This should be interesting. But who sang what? Never mind, I'll find out later (due to time differences, we get this the next evening our time).

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I guess I'm in the minority, I hated Jennifer's yelling "singing".

Fantasia- Glad one of the judges finally called her on screeching :thumbsdown:

JPL- Not too bad, seems like the nerves are getting to him. He does have range.

Jasmine- Not her best performance, not the right song for her, would have sounded better with "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"

John Stevens- Took a chance and have to give him credit for trying, but he didn't try hard enough. I would have liked to see him try "Levon"

Camile- She has got to go. That was like something off of the worst singers specials. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

George- Best of the night. He does really well with the gospel style, but the pee-dance has got to go.

Diana- Not her best, but not the worst of the night.

LaToya- boring song, boring performance

Jennifer- What can I say? I looked up 'oversinging' in the dictionary, and there was a picture of her with the big frizzy 'fro. I need to put in the Lion King DVD just to get this horrible, butchered version out of my head.

Overall a bland night, and for the most part it was song choice that caused it.

Why oh why couldn't they have done this night last year?

Chris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Fantasia-Something About The Way You Look Tonight
JPL- Rocket Man
Jasmine- Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
John Stevens- Crocodile Rock
Camile- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
George Huff- Take Me To The Pilot
Diana- I'm Still Standing
LaToya- Someone Saved My Life Tonight
Jennifer- Circle Of Life

Chris

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Fantasia-She's so cocky, she thinks she won this thing already. She will be cut down a peg or two in the upcoming weeks.

JPL- I thought it was his best singing yet, he showed some range, Simon hit it when he said he could use some singing lessons. He does have a decent voice in there someh
were, but he is bottom 3 right now.

Jasmine- She missed some notes, but hit more than she missed, she is solid, but not sure if she can win.

John Stevens- Daniel should have been his pick, maybe he did throw it to be booted. The judges are laying into him now knowing he has to go.

Camille- She really is not that great, really poor song choice.

George Huff- He is gdetting better each week, great performance best of the night. The first time that I actually thought he could win this thing.

Diana- Another boring performance by Diana, and I really cannot stand he getting the audience involved every single time. Can't she just try and sing a song for once. Bad song choice.

LaToya- So far, my pick as the IDOL.

Jennifer- He best yet, but still not sure if she is final 3 material.

Should Go: Stevens, he is embarissing himself week after week.
Will Go: Camille, becuase of Simon's End of the Road comments
Suprise Bottom 3rd: Fantasia

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Atlanta Braves tried to help Diana last night, at 9 p.m. EDT during the game, they flashed her photo on the big screen in the outfield, and invited the crowd to vote for her via cell phone or text messaging.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor

Wow, that is impressive. Talk about help!

I tried to vote for George and LaToya but could not get through. So many were bad last night it is not even funny.

Camile is sooooooo painful to watch on so many levels.

Peace,

DM

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm glad I missed hearing John Stevens lounge sing Crocodile Rock. Just imagining it is enough to make me cringe. Didn't someone on this thread say it would take a lot of guts for him to sing that song?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Never has my jaw been on the floor for so long while Red performed "Crocodile Rock" last night. I have no idea why I didn't fast forward through it, I am going to claim that I was paralyzed by that trainwreck of the "performance", I could not look away.

I still wouldn't be shocked to see Jennifer, Red, and JPL in the bottom 3 tonight.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Thanks for the link Malcolm, great article.

I second, "voting out" is the way to go!
Hopefully we will see a rule change next season.

I thought Stevens had guts to do Crocodile Rock only becuase he has minimal talent and would make a fool of himself. And he succeeded in showcasing all of that.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't know if JPL will be leaving anytime soon. He was "America's pick" after all, so he already has a bunch of 'people' behind him ('people' defined by the linked article above).

It's just a matter of whether he converts any more 'people' to his corner, or when the amount of votes picked up by other contestants finally outnumbers JPL's 'people'.

Alex S

Second Unit

Chris, I agree with you 100%.
I can't stand Jennifer's yelling or Fantasia's screeching and slurring of words. Plus both of them have big time attitudes.

I like George but I don't like his deep raspy voice or the bouncing.

I thought Jasmine was the best.

I think both Johns are safe again. They have a lot of support from teenage girls.

Hopefully Camile will go, she is the worst by far.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
I thought George nailed it, except for the stupid dance. What is his problem, that is just weird?

I would put Latoya second.

The rest just suck! Really Suck!

Even with the great material from Elton John, it was really hard to watch most of them. Now we have to move on to lesser material, and the performances are not likely to get any better.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

I think it's nerves more than anything. Alot of them seem to have a "nervous" twitch:
Red with his snapping fingers in every song
Diana with her getting the crowd jazzed
Fantasia with her inability to accept any criticism without giving attitude (very classless to me)
Camille with her whole performances

As for this week, it has to be Camille leaving. As bad as Red was, and as mediocre as JPL was, she has been consistently bad, from the groups of 8 through last night. She has not shown even a slight amount of talent, or ability to improve herself.

Anyone know how to cut the phone lines from Hawaii?

:D

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks