What's new

American Idol - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, here's how I'd rank the performances:

1. Trenyce (good attitude, voice sort of grates on me)
2. Julia (her voice give me the same goose bumps as Kelly Clarkson, though the song was okay)
3. Kimberly (a bit too slow on the song, not intense enough)
4. JD (hated the song, though)
5. Charles (didn't butcher the Stevie Wonder song)
6. Meosha (no energy, okay voice)
7. Patrick (all over the map)
8. Bettis (just a dancer boy wanting to sing)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
3. Kimberly (a bit too slow on the song, not intense enough)
Surely you mean she sang the song too fast. She was just *hauling* through that song, when it is meant to be sung much, much slower. She also showed little emotion, in a song that just exudes it. Her prior cat-fight attitude and the speed-up did Kimberly in for me.

My votes: Julia and Trenyce (I also voted for J.D. and Patrick).

The outcome is sure to be interesting. I'm betting on a Julia vs. Kimberly showdown - one or the other make it through. (Trenyce was too good - she had the whole package).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it was Kimberly's lack of intensity that I confused for my perception of slowness in her delivery. All I got to say is that if you are going to sing a Melissa Etheridge song, you better be prepared to "bring it" because Etheridge has this way of infusing intensity and pain into her songs that is not easy for novices to get her songs "right" in terms of presentation.

Charles needs to get rid of the "hip-hop baseball cap wearing sloppy clothes" look, and let his singing do his talking.

Bettis' sister was hilarious in her disdain of Simon.

I was a little scared when Patrick's father walks into the singing audition room after his son was getting beaten up for his dress style. What was up with that?

I couldn't believe how brutal Simon and, in some instances, Randy were to the contestants. Simon has bought into Kimberly's act "hook, line, and singer"

I'm wondering if this "take the top 2 of each 8-person bracket" is the best way to go. There might be some brackets where 4 should be in the top 10, and none should go from another bracket.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I had the feeling Kimberly Caldwell wouldn't get through, her bitchiness was still fresh in the audience's mind.

I was really hoping J.D. Adams would have made it through, even though he didn't have a strong performance, I think he would have gotten better down the road.

It should be interesting who makes it through next week.

I'm surprised they made no mention of the guy who got kicked out for being in a previous pop group.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ning, I would suggest not reading this thread when the show airs on the east coast if you intend on watching the Wednesday night shows on the west coast later. Each week, there's going to be east coast spoilers.

I don't get the Charles pick. I think he'll be one of the weaker competitors in the final 10. Kimberly's almost a sure lock as a wildcard pick by Simon.

I think Julia won the overall vote from last night, and even though I think she thinks she's a diva-in-the-making, the girl can sing, just needs the right song choices, and a little more oomph in her presentation.

I wonder where Trenyce ended up in the voting.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I was shocked at Charles at first, but after rewatching his singing from last night, he really has potential. Julia was my top pick from the get go out of that group. Kimberly is good, but her attitude, and fakeness is annoying, plus after being rejected on two previous "reality" shows, you'd think she'd learn :) I think Trenyce ranked 4th in the voting.
Next weeks group is going to be one of the hardest to just pick 2 from:
Rueben
Kimberley
Candice
Clay
I'm just glad they put Kimberley and Frenchie is different groups.

Chris

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

An "American Idol" finalist was replaced after a background check. Jared Andrews of Youngstown, Oh was replaced by contestant George Trice of Jackson, Tenn., after finding out Andrews was a former member of a hip-hop band "Ordinary People." Rules are that you're not supposed to have had any previous recorded material.

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
i get the forum email notifications and they pop up on my screen like huge fat spoilers!!

anyway, i am so glad that charles made it. he was my favorite!

I think that American Idol's show editing really helped Julia Demato make it, because of the previous show where they made her into the innocent victim, and Kimberly into the ringleader who ate dinner all nite.

Does that make sense? It makes sense in my brain.

But next week, i'm going to be calling in for Reuben for sure!!!!!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I think a major reason Kim didn't make it was because people remembered what she did to Julia in the earier show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks