What's new

American Idol - Season 2 (2 Viewers)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Actually, I'm listening to This is the Night right now, and I'd say I like it.

I'm more interested in hearing Clay's album than Ruben. It actually seems winning AI really just gives you the title of American Idol, and maybe a bit more exposure, but that's it.

Brian

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the comment made in the show about seeing who will win on the charts, so far the winner is:

CLAY.

Looking at Amazon, as of today, the Clay Aiken single This Is The Night/On The Wings Of Love is ranked at number 1 on the Amazon.com Sales Rank.

By contrast, the Ruben Studdard single Flying Without Wings/Superstar is ranked at number 2.

Of course this means nothing, really, except that pre-orders for Clay have been stronger. But I just thought people might be interested to know.

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
preorder ranking doesn't mean anything.

look at all the polls before the winner was announced...clay was winning...

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Just saw this on the IMDb Movie/TV news, 23 May 2003.

Meanwhile, today's (Friday) New York Times, citing executives with knowledge of the matter, said that Fox may be planning to air at least 40 hours of Idol between January and next May, putting it in jeopardy of being overexposed the way Who Wants to Be a Millionaire was on ABC. And although Fox Entertainment chief Gail Berman denied any such intention to milk the series, the Times quoted one executive tied to Idol as saying. "The show is ratings crack [cocaine] for Fox; they can't help themselves."
Forget overexposure. If Simon leaves, the ratings will drop. End of story.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
If anyone should leave the show, it should be Paula.
I'm not sure about that. It gives a face to the public that they recognize as someone that's been in the industry. If anyone had to go, my choice would be Randy. Of course, we'd be denied such comments as "'Sup, dog" and "that was good, dog" and the unforgettable "That was the bomb, dog".

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure about that. It gives a face to the public that they recognize as someone that's been in the industry. If anyone had to go, my choice would be Randy. Of course, we'd be denied such comments as "'Sup, dog" and "that was good, dog" and the unforgettable "That was the bomb, dog".
Shouldn't that be, "'Sup, dawg", "that was good, dawg" and "That was the bomb, dawg"?

There have been two seasons of Idol, and Randy and Simon, while people may never have heard of them prior to the show, are now sufficiently known for the show not to be damaged by the loss of Paula.

The fact is, Randy and Simon offer criticsm when needed. Paula offers nothing but unending praise. As a judge (which is what she is supposed to be), she fails completely to fulfill her function. Therefore, she should go.

But I repeat, if Simon leaves, it doesn't matter who they get to replace him because I, and many others, will not be watching.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Simon might leave?

Then count me in as another one who won't be tuning in for the next go-round. :P

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Even if they replace Simon with someone else who is as harsh as Simon, would you still watch it? Sure, the guy probably wouldn't be British, but he is as mean as Simon and judges people pretty harshly.

I would still watch it regardless. But they need to up the judge count to five judges with more stricter judges than Paula and Randy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think I would pay to see (as in Pay-per-view) the judges gong the crappy singers in the preliminary rounds (to get the invite to Hollywood).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks