What's new

American Idol - Season 10 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I loved the last kid, his voice could move mountains and yes, the Colombian girl was smokin' hot.

And I guess I'm the only one who thought that goofball's Transformer outfit was really cool? I'm such a freakin' dork lol.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Didn't think much of the Colombian girl's voice, she's like a prettier version of Lea Michelle, though.

The last kid was like another Adam from season 8, but not as polished a performer, fuller vocal range, and pretty raw emotionally. AI laps up these sobby backstories, though.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I think of James Durbin not as a straight Adam Lambert, but a male Siobhan Magnus due to the uncontrolled shrieking and Aspberger's. Oh, and the faces. Like he's passing a kidney stone or having a baby.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So glad Nick got sent packing.

The guy from other "couple" reminds me of Giovanni Ribisi.

The girl with the nerves in her initial audition gave a solid vocal.

They need to require all the contestants to not sing the same song from the auditions during Hollywood week.

Travis (last singer tonight) reminds me of Moss from "The IT Crowd".

Durbin is a freak, but he needs to use his high-pitch power yells in reserve, and not overuse it because it gets old, just like when Adam Lambert kept using it to ad nauseum.

Buh-bye Stormi, damn her voice was weak, hope it was worth it to the AI producers for the 5 minutes of airtime they wasted on her.

Speaking of pageantry, that girl from NC with the best personality who came to Hollywood with 11 suitcases, totally performed like a beauty pageant contestant and got sent home for good reason.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
That Nick kid redeemed himself for me when he asked Ryan if 10 seasons of AI had made him devoid of emotion (I forget the wording). Clearly he was a dick (though, it's not like his girlfriend just won the show or anything, she just made a cut, that's all), but it was nice to see someone call Ryan out like that.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

Aaron, I don't know who you're referring to.

She was one of the last kids on the last day of auditions in SF. She had a guitar but didn't play it until after her initial song, when the judges asked her to play. She had a very high, thin voice but used it quite well in an old-fashioned, bluesy style.

They didn't feature her at all yesterday, but they mentioned briefly at the end that she made it through to the group round.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Okay, now I get the "not the only thing on fire" joke now. I am puzzled as to why I didn't get it back then. I must have read it wrong.

I kept crinkling my nose whenever Ryan referred to "the favorites", mostly because most of them are clearly not my favorites. If he said "judges' favorites" or called a spade a spade and described them as "One of Nigel's favorites" it would sound less presumptuous to me.

My wife just loves Casey Abrams voice -- but he's hard to look at. Makeover needed, stat. Ginger Afro and Grizzly Adams beard set are just not working.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I dislike the way the producers are doling out "the favorites" this season. It's too much emphasis on just a few, and not even any decent wide shots of the others who made it to the second round, or even mentioning their names (even if the producers know the unmentioned are cut in the next round or two). It just seems far too channeled to get the promo machinery running on high for those with the most airtime (even with the fake-out airtime on contestants who didn't even get through round 1 in Hollywood).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Inspector Hammer! said:
I loved the last kid, his voice could move mountains and yes, the Colombian girl was smokin' hot.

And I guess I'm the only one who thought that goofball's Transformer outfit was really cool? I'm such a freakin' dork lol.
I thought it was a good costume but would liked it to have come together better like this guy. So If he could do that and still make the wheels work then, awsome.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if any of those who got the boot during the group performances were surprises (I'm drawing a blank as to any surprises). But I was sort of surprised by some of those who made it through to the next phase (solo performances).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
We might have missed her but were was the girl with the squeaky voice?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It was during one of those montages of singers that got cut. If you blinked, you would have missed it.

That was quite a breezy 2 hours. There was so much backstage drama the producers probably wet themselves with joy:

Tiffany can't find a partner

Jacee gets kicked out of his group

Jordin ditches his group for another

The teen groups' 5 stage mothers

The dude who's still in bed when his group is going on

Ashley Sullivan!

Scott McCreary turns into Scott McTeary for not sticking up for Jacee

Three's Company meltdown

And then there were your usual collection of bad auditions and surprise cuts. Best Hollywood episode in years.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

It was during one of those montages of singers that got cut. If you blinked, you would have missed it.

That was quite a breezy 2 hours. There was so much backstage drama the producers probably wet themselves with joy:

Tiffany can't find a partner

Jacee gets kicked out of his group

Jordin ditches his group for another

The teen groups' 5 stage mothers

The dude who's still in bed when his group is going on

Ashley Sullivan!

Scott McCreary turns into Scott McTeary for not sticking up for Jacee

Three's Company meltdown

And then there were your usual collection of bad auditions and surprise cuts. Best Hollywood episode in years.

I would agree, one of the best Hollywood group shows they have done in a long time. The pacing I thought was much better and they skipped some of the parts that bored me in years past. So far, this year and their pacing seems to be much improved overall.

It was sad to see the young lady with the daughter that has health problems go home. She seemed really shocked and upset, but you have to be true to what the show is and it simply was not a good performance for her. I thought she was OK, but not worth of a top 10 perhaps due to some of the others having better vocals. Certainly hope things work out for her too.

The groups had some real good harmony vocals that reminded me some of groups like En Vogue and other girl groups. It would be nice to see some that make it together again. In fact, I would bet some may even form a group even if they don't win like others have done that had success from being on Idol and not winning.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I agree it was a good episode. My complaint is that some of these people had lengthy segments on them and then they get tossed off the show with hardly a mention. If I didn't ask here I never would have known that Squeaky was removed during this episode.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Anybody know what happened to the little 15 year old brunette that was one of the first to get a ticket to Hollywood in the first audition show? Don't recall seeing her anywhere since.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Not sure who you mean. Was she the little really annoyingly happy girl? She and her 11 suitcases got booted before Hollywood I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks