American Hot Wax?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Carlos Garcia, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

Any news on a possible DVD release of American Hot Wax? This is arguably the best movie about the birth of Rock and Roll...I can't believe it's not out!

2. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Great movie, great soundtrack (music rights a problem maybe?) ans I don't really care for 50's rock! It's THAT good!

3. Gonzalo Merchan

I was able to catch Dusty and Sweets McGee not long ago at the Egyptian. WOW! Amazing film by Floyd Mutrux the same director. It's about heroin addicts in early 70's LA all played by real heroin addicts (except the dealers who didn't want to get arrested!). Would love to see this released someday as well.

4. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Screenwriter

Jonathan
  5. Carlos Garcia

Still no news on "American Hot Wax"? I really don't understand why this great movie is getting shafted. I mean, "The Hollywood Knights" had just about as many classic Rock and Roll songs in its soundtrack, and it got released. If anyone wants to say it's because Tony Danza and Michelle Pfeiffer were marketable in "Knights", I can respond by saying Jay Leno and Fran Drescher are equally marketable in "Hot Wax". I wish someone could at least address the issue of what exactly the delay is in releasing this awesome movie that's a tribute to the birth of Rock N' Roll.

6. Scott David

Scott David Stunt Coordinator

I would imagine the main problem is securing all of the music rights for the songs used in the film. Hopefully that will evenutally get resolved, because it is one of the best movies ever made about the early days of rock 'n' roll.

7. PaulBigelow

PaulBigelow Stunt Coordinator

It's scheduled to be shown on HDNet Movies. Fire up that D-VHS!

8. Carlos Garcia

Great. It would be shown on a channel our cable provider doesn't offer. Just my luck. Oh well, eventually someone else will show it I hope. Thanks anyway for the info!