What's new

American Horror Story: Coven (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I watch a lot of sick shit on TV but even by my low standards, this was one messed up episode so I can't imagine what a normal viewer thinks when they watch this show. Incestuous semi-necrophilia, minotaur sex, throat cutting, a jar of semen used in a voodoo ceremony, a girl with Down Syndrome talking about sex and a chick saying Christianity is a fake, that her saying "panties" would make a guy jizz his jeans & that religious people are the biggest perverts of all. How the hell is this show popular? :)

I usually don't like real show-y camera work but they're going so big that they're bordering on operatic so I can't help but enjoy it.

Delphine being upset over President Obama was darkly hilarious.

I'm guessing/hoping that Madison isn't really dead.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Madison is fully dead "only mostly dead" ;-)

Jessica Lange continues to act the sh*t out of every season of this show and this season is no exception. I't always a joy to watch when she's on the screen.

On the sick-o-meter this week;

The minotaur scene
Mare Winningham with her deadish Son/not son
The fertility ceremony

But that's why I watch this show, and they couldn't have timed the airing better. This time of the year is when I start looking for some good horror movies and this fits right in.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Man, that was WRONG in so many ways. LOL. Great episode. And I love that they're not just confined to 1 hour if there's a lot of story to tell.

Can't believe Madison won't be back somehow, since Roberts is listed on the opening credits. Gabourey, I'm not so sure about. I love Queenie, so I hope she's not gone.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My recording cut off with Jessica Lange dumping her booze at the bar. What happened after that?

So far, this season has really played down the scary and played up the twisted. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (And props to the show for the most obscene application of the voodoo doll phenomenon yet)

The big surprise in the cast so far for me has been Emma Roberts. I've never thought much about her acting abilities, but she's been pretty great here so far.

Nice to see the always-great Christine Ebersole pop up as the former Supreme that Jessica Lange (violently) succeeded.

And, man, Sarah Paulson's been screwed over by her mother eight ways to Sunday on this show, hasn't she?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Adam Lenhardt said:
My recording cut off with Jessica Lange dumping her booze at the bar. What happened after that? So far, this season has really played down the scary and played up the twisted. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (And props to the show for the most obscene application of the voodoo doll phenomenon yet) The big surprise in the cast so far for me has been Emma Roberts. I've never thought much about her acting abilities, but she's been pretty great here so far. Nice to see the always-great Christine Ebersole pop up as the former Supreme that Jessica Lange (violently) succeeded. And, man, Sarah Paulson's been screwed over by her mother eight ways to Sunday on this show, hasn't she?
LOVED seeing Christine Ebersole! I hadn't heard she was going to appear, so that was a delightful surprise. The episode went for an hour and 15 minutes and in the last 15 minutes or so (forgive me if you saw some of these scenes before the cutoff):
Kyle beat his mother to death by crushing her skull. Zoe then comes inand finds her body and is confronted by Kyle. Queenie lured the Minotaur out to the greenhouse and enticed him into having sex with her. She was grabbed from behind and it didn't look like it was going to end well for her. Fiona brought Madison home from their night out and told her that she was going to be the new Supreme and that as she was growing stronger she was draining her (Fiona's) powers and essence from her, making her weak. Fiona told her she had cancer and would not live out the year. She then told her what she had done to the Supreme before her and showed Madison the knife she did it with... and then cut Madison's throat. She then told Spalding to bury her body deep. She lit a cigarette and said, "This coven doesn't need a new Supreme. It needs a new rug."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, John! :thumbsup: Given that Emma Roberts is a series regular, I'm guessing we haven't seen the last of Madison. On the other hand, Gabourey Sidibe was credited as "Special Guest Star" so we just might have seen the last of her.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Chloe Sevigny was a guest star last year, right?

I'm sure Emma Roberts is going to be back. Since voodoo is in the mix, I'm guessing she'll return as a white zombie (rather than the flesh eating Romero kind) but MAYBE having her in the main cast was a smoke screen to surprise people when she died so early on.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Add in to the mix that we have a Stevie Nicks-loving witch who can breathe life back into creatures and all bets are really off. LOL.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I kinda doubt it was intentional but the opening teaser with a group of wronged people getting violent revenge via reanimated corpses was like seeing an EC Comic come to life. Since it was quick and to the point, it was more like the EC Comics than even the Tales From The Crypt TV series was.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
i keep waiting, to see what they are going to do with Kathy Bates, good so far, but she needs to become a threat.

this season is twisted, in all the right ways........

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
dana martin said:
I wonder what they got paid in product placement for that, instead of Febreze
Hehe. Something tells me that "hides the smell of rotting corpses" isn't exactly a brand association they're screaming for.I had "Evil Dead" flashbacks in the best possible way when you think the clairvoyant with Down's syndrome and the boy next door are screwed and Zoe pops up out of nowhere and starts mowing all of the zombies down with a chainsaw.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
So many great twists... and lines. "Do I look like the Taliban to you?!" "When I plant a fat-assed cracker bitch, I expect her to stay planted!"And I love Queenie's laugh after she used the spatula.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I guess it's because he was never caught but that Axeman Of New Orleans story is pretty creepy. Speaking of New Orleans, I love any time that they're outside and you can see the city because the locations look so great. Also, I'm glad to see super hot Emma Roberts back.

Pointless fact: Meryl Streep's daughter (Grace Gummer) was playing the lead student in the 1919 sequence.

JohnMor said:
"When I plant a fat-assed cracker bitch, I expect her to stay planted!"
That was pretty funny.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Adam Lenhardt said:
Hehe. Something tells me that "hides the smell of rotting corpses" isn't exactly a brand association they're screaming for.
Naw, just the smell of rotting garbage, according to the commercials :lol:

add to that, the not quite "Charmed" moment towards the end, waiting to see what happens next

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who would like to see these characters continue into another season? I'm sure that'll become an impossibility when a majority of them are dead before the end of this season but I'd be into a new story with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks