American Grafitti/More Grafitti 2pk quality?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Paul_Nyman, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Paul_Nyman

Paul_Nyman Second Unit

Saw this is repackaged in a paper Jukebox shaped digipack offer both films for $15.99, back cover details are stating Anamorphic widescreen + mono sound, except More American Grafitti features surround sound enhancement?

Anyone see a new review for this package? Looks a pretty good deal for both films!

2. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

This is just the existing DVDs right? Not upgrades?

Is its release date still tomorrow?

3. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

It's just the existing discs repackaged, which isn't a bad thing, really; the transfer of American Graffiti holds up well, if you ask me. The 'sequel' is so, so pointless, though, just stick wit the single disc release of Uncle George's best film. [​IMG]

4. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

I've never seen the sequel though. If it's cheap enough, I might get it to satisfy my curiosity.

5. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Curiosity killed the cat! [​IMG]

I must admit, I haven't actually seen the whole of More..., but judging by the opening, I may have had to have undergone hypnosis to remove the movie from my memory if I had watched the rest. It seemed to me that the movie is basically an unsubtle view of the fates of the characters that appear at the end of the original; Toad in Vietnam looking lost, etc. Awful. It's even uglier than I am! :wink: The original is one of the most honest and beautiful American films of the Seventies, a real masterpiece, in my opinion, and the 'sequel' tarnishes it, frankly.

"Hey you're s'posed to be the fastest thing in the Valley man, but that can't be your car. It must be your mama's car! I'm sorta' embarrassed to be this close to ya!"

"I just saw a vision - goddess!"

[​IMG]

Brilliant, brilliant film. Essential.

6. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    Is it a double-sided disc?

7. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Well now that I know that this is just the same transfer I already have, I can cross this off my list for tomorrow and save some money. [​IMG]

8. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

I suspect that it's a double sided disc, I got the Franchise Collection of both 'Conan' films the other day and it had the first film on Side A, the other on Side B (obviously).

I still do not own the first 'Graffiti' so I'm planning on picking this up, might be cool to have the sequel even if I don't watch it [​IMG].

9. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I liked More American Graffiti. It was different- each character's story is filmed in a different style. It's a little awkward how they take place during different years though.