American Gothic - The Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Simon Massey, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer
    Supporter

Simon Massey
    Sounds too good to be true but have found a rumour that this fantastic TV series is to be made into a movie. It also seems that Gary Cole will reprise is role which is essential for this to work for me. Shame that Lucas Black is too old now, as he was really good in this as well. I would have thought they could take that into account and set the series several years after the events of Season 1.

This was one of the best TV series I have seen and would hopefully make a great movie. I am surprised Raimi would be able to find the time to direct this, but it would be great if he did.

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/n...?news_id=15791

2. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Wow, excellent news. My wife and I were big fans of the show.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

If they're recasting Lucas Black's role, though, it probably means they'll do the same with Sarah Paulson's (as wonderful as she is, she can't really play a teenaged ghost any more).

Hmm. I'm starting to wonder what you can do with an American Gothic movie that you couldn't with a TV series. But, if this pushes Universal to put the series out on DVD, that's a Good Thing.

4. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer
    Supporter

Simon Massey
    Personally I think they would be better keeping the original cast. The last episode does allow for the possibility of a "8 years later" type story. I'd prefer some sort of continuation to the story rather than a retelling of the story in the series as seems to be suggested by the article.