What's new

American Gothic needs to be released! (1 Viewer)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Most of the Sam Raimi produced TV shows have been released or slated for a future release on DVD. I've read how Cleopatra 2525 is being released (by Universal), but what about the one series that had critics gushing (definitely not Cleo) and attracted a sizeable cult following? Universal also owns the rights to American Gothic, but a few years ago they stated that sales projections negated a potential DVD set.

Do they expect sales of Cleopatra to go through the roof? Sorry for the kvetching, but I swear that some studios use a roulette wheel to decide which shows get released on DVD!

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
The fact is, the Cleo DVD will have three gorgeous women on the cover, each wearing tiny, shiny clothes. That's how the Universal execs think.

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
Damn straight! I'd pick up American Gothic in a heartbeat. Heck if "The Hardy Boys" can be released, why not Shaun Cassidy's dark side with "American Gothic" !

JulianK

Supporting Actor
American Gothic still has a loyal cult following, and it's crying out for a DVD release.

I haven't seen the series for nearly ten years, but could still tell you the plots of almost all the episodes!

Hopefully they'll include the extended version of the Pilot episode as a bonus feature, and maybe a couple of commentary tracks for key episodes?

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Been waiting for this for ages. After seeing this I always look out for any roles that Gary Cole is in. He was great in this.

Only 1 season. Come on Universal.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I never saw American Gothic when it was first on but I missed out. It is such an awesome show and really too bad it wasn't given a second season. I think this will come out, maybe next year or so. Just wait for it. Also it be cool if they tied it to Medium as Joe Weber who was Dr. Matt is Allison's husband Joe on Medium.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Bruce Campbell fans (of which I am one) want this set released too, since he guested on one episode. Totally apart from that, though, I'd want this one anyway...

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
One Word on this show:

Gimme!

This is my most wanted T.V. show on DVD. The best and most original horror ever done for T.V. It is truly one of the biggest trajedies in T.V. history that this show was so badly treated by CBS and never given the chance for additional seasons. Too bad this wasn't on WB, Fox or UPN because it is definately up there with X-Files, Buffy and Angel; its better IMHO. This was rumored to be coming on DVD by DVDfile.com 3 years ago from Universal but nothing happened. I can't see how the big suits at Universal think they are going to sell more Cleopatra 2525 and Earth 2 than this. It still has a large cult following, had a large petition to save it. Is highly requested on Amazon.com and is one of the top requested at TVSHowsONDVD.com. There are a ton of instant sales waiting for this to be released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks