What's new

American Gladiators 2008 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Sideswipe was cool. Reminiscent of Hit and Run, but it was great seeing the contestants slam into the scoring box.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Testing, testing. Is this thing on? *tap* *tap* *tap* squeeeeeeeeee! Ahem. I have a friend who works at NBC, and he says they are watching this very thread. If they don't see anyone but me posting, they're going to cancel the show.

Pretty exciting ending. Alexander just barely edged out Brick's time. I was hoping Tatum would have a major come-from-behind, but the shoe decision ended that.

Semi-finals next week!

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I'm enjoying the show too - maybe not for all the right reasons... ;)

Hulk (and his overuse of "brother") is hilarious, and some of those female gladiators are very - ahem - interesting! :D

I can only compare it to the UK version, which is paced a lot slower (not a good thing). They also don't mike up the gladiators over here, so you miss the "Bring it!" - "Are you gonna bring it?!" - "I'm *so* gonna bring it!" comments. Always good for a chuckle.

My big complaint about (all versions of) the series is that they repeat the same gladiators for the same events. I'd love some sort of random draw element, made by the contenders, to determine the gladiator they face. That might make it a bit more even and interesting.

And they need to do the Assault game more often, dammit!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm still waiting for Atlasphere. They keep teasing it, but they never do it. I guess they're holding new things back for the semi-finals.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Alexander being forced to drop out was a heartbreaker, but this thing is clearly Tim's to lose. It's all but over unless he makes a mistake.

Hello to Atlasphere! We've missed you.

I think I'm in love with Crush. The way she comes out with that wave and that smile, even though I know she could totally kick my ass.

Any questions? I think I'll post this in my Brunettes thread.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Watching the first semifinal episode right now. I've fallen behind on the show which is ashame because I really do enjoy it.

Yeah, Gina "Crush" Carano is awesome.

The Beast!!!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
James was kind of a dick, so I was hoping he'd lose. He might have if Jeff hadn't gotten sloppy when he saw a break. Anyway, I guess you can't fault James for his trash talk, since he was able to deliver on it.

I still thought Lillian was really cute, but I didn't really care who won that one. Tiffaney posted a pretty solid time.

Last week is the end for the season, and hopefully not the series. They're rolling the last semi-final up with the finale to stay ahead of the Olympics.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Cool finale! No surprise that Tim won. He would have been tough if they had been even going into the Eliminator, but that 12 second head start made it all academic. The women's race was a bit more exciting, with Tiffaney holding the record time and a five second lead, but she wasn't able to capitalize on it.

I hope this show is back for another season. It's been one of my favorite incarnations of the franchise.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
How about a series where each week they pit four of the gladiators against the rest of them? :D

aldamon

Second Unit
NBC should try do a mini-tournament with some decorated Olympians. Let's see what the Gladiators can really do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks