What's new

American Gladiators 2008 (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
If that little tiny blue guy last night wins the whole thing, would they still make him a Gladiator next season. LOL

What whould his persona be? Captain Pip-Squeak, Mighty-Mouse, The Virus!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Scott, I'd go with Mighty Mouse or something like that. All I know is he'd run circles around me and most of us here. :)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I was thinking the same thing - then I though - If Evan wins - he could be called "Spider" and be used just for the wall climbing event....no one would get away from him.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Great end to a great season. There wasn't much suspense in the men's Eliminator, but the women's was pretty exciting. I have no idea how these two will be Gladiators, though. There's just no way. I wonder if they'll drop the idea before the next season begins. Or, maybe it'll be a move towards making the competitors more evenly matched with the Gladiators, because there'd at least be a fighting chance to get up the Pyramid if facing Evan.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't know how anyone hasn't sustained serious injury being tossed off the pyramid, padding and all. Seems like a serious neck/spine injury is just begging to happen.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about them as Gladiators either.

I saw Evan's win coming since his first round performance. I knew that if anyone was goingto beat him, they'd need to out point him in the early rounds and hope they could build a large enough head start to make up for the fact he owns the eliminator.

Well, season 2 starts taping in march and as a result Gina Carano AKA "Crush" will be putting her fight career on hold
There was talk of her fighting in February, then with promotional work for Gladiators that wasn't going to happen. So they were eying march and now that's out and it won't be until May at the earliest.

I wonder what new events they'll introduce in season 2? Hopefully, they bring back more events from the old show.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the banter with Hulk & the contestants is scripted, at least their half of it... it's so over the top.

Pretty funny watching Evan take on a gladiator that looks twice as size, especially in something involving strength.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I don't know about the contenders responses, but I do remember reading somewhere that both Hulk and Laila flubbed a lot of lines during the taping of the show.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
NBC aired the finale outside of its normal time slot, and against the end of the Daytona 500 and, although it was on cable, the NBA All-Star Game (both of which appeal to a similar demographic as AG). It was horrible scheduling by NBC, which isn't surprising given their recent history. They shouldn't have expected good numbers (although I was surprised by how low it was).

One thing I did notice, though, is that the ratings increased in each half-hour (from 5.24 million at 7pm to 9.13 million at 8:30pm), which makes me think people didn't want to sit through a two-hour show filled with crap to watch an hour worth of actual show (I recorded it instead of watching it live, then FFed through all the tripe).

Hopefully, that will make NBC think twice about so many extended episodes next season (unless they do more than four events before Eliminator). But this is NBC, so they won't learn anything.

Anyone else think Evan isn't going to make a good gladiator? It may just be me, but it seems like he doesn't do good in the events that involve strength (Joust, anyone?). That's supposed to be a gladiator's strong suit, not speed/agility.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't think any contestant could make a good gladiator. The gladiators are superhuman. The contestants have all been very athletic at best.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, NBC claims all the Gladiators were drug tested, of course no test exists for HGH...and even if a guy tests clean, it doesn't mean he's really clean.

Anyway, that segways nicely in to this.

TNA Wrestling's Matt Morgan is the next American Gladiator

Morgan stands a legit 6'10 and weighs in at 330. This man should dominate Gauntlet Pyramid and Powerball. Plus, he cuts a good promo so he'll be a strong edition to the cast IMO.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Holy snakes! The season premiere has snuck up on us. As Casey noted, it airs on May 12. Can't wait to see Evan throw his weight around as a new Gladiator. ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This is on tonight, so another reminder. New games, new arena, and a new gladiator or two. Evan and Monica really will be joining the team tonight, so that should be interesting. Also, Titan has said the producers are purposely looking for competitors approaching the size of the Gladiators, so the battles should be more fierce this season.

Two hours tonight.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am really mad that I wont be able to watch this series this time. There are 2 other shows on that I like at the same time (Bones and Big Bang/HIMYM). I can only record one and watch one so Gladiators had to take the fall. :frowning:

Jason Smalley

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same problem of everything being on tonight. Luckily, the DVR indicates that it is on on Friday evening as well. It indicates that it is a repeat of the 2nd Season debut and I am taking it at face value!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks