What's new

American Fighter Pilot: On Hiatus (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
After ending last week's episode unresolved with an in-flight emergency, CBS has decided to pull the plug on this show. WTF? According to this report in today's Variety, the final six episodes are "expected" to air during the summer. :angry:

CharlesD

Screenwriter
ahh.. "Political correctness" run amok! No wait... maybe it was the ratings :D
Oh well thats a shame, I found the show mildly interesting, and was planning to tune in to see if wossname lived or died when his brakes failed (I suspect they survived ;) )

Chris Lock

Second Unit
Like they have something better to put on. I hate it when a show with a continuing storyline gets pulled so soon.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
the final six episodes are "expected" to air during the summer
That's what ABC said about the second season of the excellent gameshow "The Mole". It was taped and ready, they pulled it after only a few episodes and said they'd bring it back after a few months. That was last fall, I guess they decided to not show the rest.
I bet same thing will happen to AFP, they'll just bury it. :frowning:
TV networks have no respect at all for their viewers. I seriously no longer feel like watching new shows, because what if it gets pulled after just a few weeks, then I just wasted my time. I think a lot of people feel this way, and thus the shows never build an audience, and they get pulled. If they could at least let them run for a season!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I agree, Micke. I don't anticipate them showing the remaining episodes at all. That's why I used the word expected in quotes. I suppose some magazine article will be published at some point saying whether all three of these guys on the show passed their training or not.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Oh, that really pisses me off! First, I can never find anything on the tube Friday nite, so I was overjoyed to find this show on that was exactly what I'd love to watch! And now, after only 2 friggin' episodes, it's being pulled!?? Gimme a break.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
It looks like "The Court", with Sally Field, also got pulled (I think the article said it was "dismissed). I've never watched the show, but I know that they ran commercials hyping it for more than three weeks, so the hype lasted longer than the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks